720 BE work with MoBo?

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Earlier i posted a thread asking how the 720 and 940 were compatible with am2, am2+, am3 and while i got that i just want to make sure that a 720 be would NOT work with my MoBo (now that i know which one it is)...

I have an Asus M2N-E

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-ASUS-Asus-Computer-14-1-inches-barebone-Intel-PMP-Centrino

the reason i really question it is because when this MoBo came out the 720's didn't exist, so maybe the page just isn't updated..?

So, any insight would greatly be appreciated! Thank you!

oh and, if anyone happens to know a decent CPU cooler for a 720, i would be interested to know (though my case is not very wide, so the tall ones like the v8 would more than likely not work)

Thanks again!

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007

The 720be is an AM3+ cpu so will not work on our M2N_E's,got the same mobo here,but you can install any AM2+ cpu,,although you just may not get the full benefit of the HTT speed at the moment I am running the 7850be cpu which is an AM2+ cpu...:)
As for the cooler would an Arctic Cooler 64Pro go in that case ???:)

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Blarg, i was afraid it wouldn't work. Oh well, guess that just means i won't upgrade now, i will just wait and build a new rig down the line when things come down a bit.

dokk2, i'm looking at that cooler, it may fit if i remove the fan on the side of my case, i will have to measure it when i get home =P

Thank you to you both for replying, i appreciate the time 8)