Motherboard for C2D processor

sr2002

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
hi i have been around browsing on the forum but havent found my answer yet..

Im buying a C2D 2.8ghz processor. im confused abt what motherboard to buy my budget is around 80$ for the motherboard. im probably gonna hook up a 9600gt or hd4770 graphics card so i dont know whether to get a nforce chipset or an intel chipset. plus i dont understand whether the onboard graphics matter or not as im putting a graphics card.

I also dont know the significance of the G35 and p35 and all those chipsets. Do they really make a difference for moderate gaming and general internet surfing?
how is the Asus P5n73-Am,P5Kc, and the intel Dg35ec,dg41?
Does the graphics card perform better with a nforce chipset? will it work with ati ?
Please suggest model numbers of apropriate motherboards prefrebly Asus and intel thank you

G35 and P35 is the same chipset, but G35 includes an onboard graphics controller. You don't need a G35 if you're buying a graphics card. If you'll run a single video card, then it doesn't matter if the chipset is Intel or NVidia (though Intel might be more stable).

If you can afford to spend a bit more than the cost of the selected motherboards, you could buy a better P43 or G43 based motherboard:

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L
ASUS P5QL-CM

sr2002

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
i ave decided to buy the xfx 750i sli board and the 9600gt graphics card with a either a core2duo ... or a quad core 8200 2.33 ghz processor...

Is this a good combo? is a c2d 2.8 better or a c2quad 2.3 better?

Upendra09

Distinguished
C2Q better for gaming and overall better than C2D because there are more cores doing the work.
4>2
plus more cache
if u wan u can get the XFX but you should look for a mobo that is not nvidia chipset, nvidia can be problematic in the future, there are alot of complains about nvidia chipsets, go for something like ASUS ASRock GIgabyte, XFX and it should be something with an intel P type or G type chipset.

not to get:
Nvidia chipsets
G965/945 or any Gs with three numbers after it

to get:
intel chipsets
G35
G45 and other ones with two numbers
P35 etc.

The G965 and so on can run hot, I have one on my laptop and it isn't good. They are very old too

Good luck!