Your question
Solved

Help

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
May 19, 2009 11:48:18 AM

Hi everyone ! I am very new to building and am very excited and nervous. My first problem is my bios. I bought the Gigabyte MA790-UD4H motherboard and the Phenom II x3 720 cpu . It says the motherboard is am3 compatible but what if its not ? How can i flash my bios if my chip wont work ? Or am i screwed ?!?! Any help would be greatly appreciated. My parts so far are : Raidmax Smilodon case, Phenom II x3 720, Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H board, 4 Gigs OCZ ddr2 800 mhz., LG GH22 multi driveand a WD Cavier Blue 640 gb HDD.

More about : question

Best solution

May 19, 2009 12:32:24 PM

You look at the supported CPU list on Gigabyte's site: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSuppo... to see if the CPU is listed.

Fortunately for you, it is. :) 
May 19, 2009 12:42:46 PM

I did look there and saw it listed but i saw i needed f2 bios and wasnt sure if thats what i had. My processor is coming from Newegg tomorrow so i should booting up for the first time hopefully tomorrow night !!! Keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you for easing my mind a little. Will definitely let you all know how it goes.
m
l
Related resources
May 19, 2009 1:03:18 PM

How long have you been married?

Sooner or later, you come to the realization that your wife is going to kill you no matter what you do.

My policy is a simple "Yes, dear" is always the safest bet.
m
l
May 19, 2009 1:17:56 PM

Together 8 married 3. Since this is my first build she does'nt think i can do it. And yes she is going to kill me no matter what. I have learned and lived "Yes, dear" for a while now.
m
l
!