system-defined time-out of mouse hover selection

Aero

My system now hover-selects instantly.
Even if I whizz the mouse over an icon, start-menu item or
filename it gets selected (which is extremely
frustrating). Normally you'd have to hover for about a sec.
Any idea how this time-out seems to have become set to
zero?
But more importantly, how do I change this time-out value
back to something more useful?

You may have X-Mouse functionality enabled.

Do you have Tweak UI installed? (If not, install it from:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp)

Open TweakUI, and navigate to Mouse \ X-Mouse. Uncheck "Activation follows
mouse"

--
Please reply in newsgroup.