John_56

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
There are five jacks on the back of the computer (PC with XP.) the colors are black, yellow, green, blue, and pink. The head set has a pink and a black plug in. I can get the headset to play back sound but I cannot get the microphone to record. I have no clue. Pink to pink and black to black seems logical but does not work.

G

The jacks have pictures next to them, you plug the mic into the jack that has a picutre of a microphone on it. You may need to go into your sound settings and un-mute or enable your microphone.
I am having the same problem. THe question IS does the pink plug go into the mic or the headphone jack. I can see the icons on pc I just can't get the mic to work no matter how I plug in the jacks.

Green to green, pink to pink. Put the pink microphone plug into the pink microphone jack. Put the headphone jack in the green plug. Green is always stereo output, and most speakers come with green connectors on that cord, but since its headphones i guess its black to green.

You can use something link windows sound recorder to check to make sure your mic works, its under accessories.