Sign in with
Your question

Will it work?

Last response: in Motherboards
May 19, 2009 10:19:17 PM

I currently have a Asus M3A motherboard and would like to upgrade to a Phenom II. Problem is the Asus web site does not show any of the Phenom II's on the cpu support list. :fou:  Has anyone with a M3A MB tried a Phenom II and did it work? :) 

More about : work

May 20, 2009 12:29:59 AM

I'm guessing you mean m3a32? Isn't that a AM2+ motherboard? If so, I would say with absolute conviction, "Probably" :)  Especially if it supports Phenom 1.
I have a 3 year old Asus Crosshair 1 AM2 motherboard with the nvidia 590 chipset, and it works great with the latest BIOS. The only downfall I have found is that it doesn;t seem to let me adjust the core voltage. But even so, it's running with a 500 mhz overclock right now.
May 20, 2009 2:06:21 AM

inglburt said:
I'm guessing you mean m3a32? Isn't that a AM2+ motherboard? If so, I would say with absolute conviction, "Probably" :)  Especially if it supports Phenom 1.
I have a 3 year old Asus Crosshair 1 AM2 motherboard with the nvidia 590 chipset, and it works great with the latest BIOS. The only downfall I have found is that it doesn;t seem to let me adjust the core voltage. But even so, it's running with a 500 mhz overclock right now.

It's just M3A for the mobo model. The mobo is a AM2+. I was thinking it should work but would like to know for sure before I did buy a Phenom II. I had an opteron 165 in a older mobo that at the time I bought it was not supported on the mobo cpu list but it worked. :)  That doesn't mean I will get lucky twice.
Related resources
May 26, 2009 8:25:28 PM

I'm kinda surprised nobody else chimed in. But I am confidant enough that I personally would buy one.
August 2, 2010 12:23:06 AM

So does anyone have a Asus M3A with a Phenom II chip inside???
How long? Notice any problems?
I have an athalon 64 X2 4200 2.2GHz, so as you can imagine, I am dying to upgrade!
But like most scared due to Asus CPU support not saying higher than Phenom 1.
I know this is an old post, but no one ever said if worked or not??
Does anyone know anyone with a Phenom 2 chip on a M3A? :)  Thank u in advanced.
!