Sign in with
Your question

How do I reformat Acer laptop c drive?

Last response: in Storage
June 30, 2010 12:50:33 PM

Hello,

My Acer laptop has a virus in the CSRSS & Winlogon Windows files and I have tried everything to rectify it; Spybot, Malwarebytes etc. They have found and cleaned lots of stuff but the Windows files are still corrupted. I have restored factory settings a couple of times but rogue Windows files are still there. I have been told that I should reformat the C drive as the virus is probably stopping the corrupt Windows files being overwritten. I have recovery disks but cannot format the c drive, can anybody help please?

a b D Laptop
a b G Storage
June 30, 2010 8:48:37 PM

If you have the recovery disk (the windows one), boot from it, then do a custom install, format the drive, and then install the OS.
July 1, 2010 10:57:18 AM

Unfortunately I don't have a Windows recovery disk only the Acer one. Is there a way of doing it through MS Dos?
Related resources
July 15, 2010 9:31:31 AM

Thanks evngugg.

I have done that and it worked. The computer is now virus free and running far quicker than it has done for a while. Just one problem, I have lost the D drive. I can't see it in windows but can on killdisk; it states that the drive is inactive. How do I reactivate the disk? I'm not sure if the data has been deleted.
!