chicagohawk

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
I've had this monitor for a little over a year and have been only using d-sub on it for about 90% of the time until recently I invested in a dvi to hdmi cable to run my monitor on hdmi. Everything worked great with my 8800GTX and even a week into my new GTX 280. After about that week I've had an issue with the hdmi.

The picture is definitely now worse than my d-sub. It's somewhat hard to explain...all text is a bit grainy and the entire picture seems as though its completely over sharpened. Color is brighter yet text is darker...a lot of the blue link text seems almost black. In addition all text is blurred to an extent where small white streaks are seen blurring on the edges of every letter. In games you can definitely tell the color is off. Overall, it's somewhat like the fringe effect...it looks like everything's painted in water color and has smudges. Right now as I'm typing this in HDMI, the smilies in the column have a much brighter color with very dark edges...and the red underline telling me "smilies" is not a word is no longer red, but instead black...if you look very closely you can barely see a hint of red...and I have 20/20 vision.

I've tried messing with nvidia control panel and the monitor's menu...increasing and decreasing different settings, but it's still distinct any way you try it. I explained this issue to a friend and he said he has seen this before...he mentioned something about the monitor being over-processed. In addition this is not the graphics card as I have tried my friend's acer and the hdmi worked flawlessly. What's also odd is my PS3 hooked up to HDMI on the monitor also works flawlessly...it's only the connection between the PC and the monitor that is flawed.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this issue?

memnoch1996

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

This regedit fix is listed for different monitors than the L2410NM. I'm running into the same problem you are. What did you have to do differently to get this to work for your monitor?

Thanks

chicagohawk

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
I used a combination of the two instructions to make the second instructions work.

First I found out what bytes I need via the first part of this method:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=58483&st=0&p=330319&#entry330319

Then I took the bytes that I found corresponded to my monitor and used them in this method:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1231737&page=2

So, instead of his example, mine looked something like:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{57D0CCD3-B24F-4502-BC7F-9883FDF4E92E}\0000]
"OverrideEdidFlags0"=hex:*,*,*,*,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00

Where each *= your specific byte from the first method.
Additionally, the specific path depends on your computer as well; you find out what your specific path is via the second method.

Let me know if you have any questions!

memnoch1996

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
It worked! Awesome!! Thanks dude. The hardest part was figuring out how to use Phoenix EDID Designer to get the bytes for my monitor. Once I figured that out it was a breeze.

Thank you very much...my monitor looks normal again!

markm75

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
Hi there,

I'm having a similar issue with my l2410NM via hdmi looking terrible.. only i'm on the ati 5850..

You mention finding the "bytes" in the first method, but i cant find reference to what it is you did..

And then using the second link..

Do you have same the monitor.. would you mind sharing your "OverrrideEdidFlags" value for the registry?

I'm a bit of a newbie at EDID and overriding things..
Thanks

EDIT:i think i found what you said:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{15C897E6-7802-4E2A-9A5F-F48C61F71BBD}\0000]

"OverrideEdidFlags0"=hex:5C,85,80,51,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00

Ended up being mine for the westinghouse..

Based on that first thread.. and the one you posted above..

However, the text is still badly washed out :(