Login password box loses focus

Hello, I'm running XP Pro. This problem appears at the Welcome login screen. First 4 different people have a Login on my Welcome screen. If one clicks in one of the password boxes and enters a correct password, everything is fine. But, if they accidently click outside the password box the cursor (focus) goes away and then clicking in the password box doe NOT return focus. I need to restart to get the focus (cursor back in the password box. Help!!
4 answers Last reply
More about login password loses focus
  1. Try the tab key

2. tigsounds said:
    Try the tab key

Thanks, So simple a solution and I never thought to try it!!! I've been putting up with it for years. Thanks soooo much. John
  3. johnfield said:
    Thanks, So simple a solution and I never thought to try it!!! I've been putting up with it for years. Thanks soooo much. John

So.... did it work?
  4. Tigsounds, I guess I was premature in saying that the "Tab Key" was my solution. It worked that first time then has failed twice since. The last two times I tried everything. I tried TAB, Ctrl Tab, Alt Tab, Shift Tab, and everything else I could think of. I even tried simplely entering my password (even though nothing showed in the passwrod box) and then pressing Enter... NOTHING.. Finally had to Restart the computer to get the cursor back in the password box and let me enter my password.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cursor Login Windows XP