Sign in with
Your question

Does the Phenom II X6 3.2G produce a lot of heat?

Last response: in Overclocking
June 14, 2010 5:42:48 AM

I am assembling a new computer with a new Phenom II X6 3.2G CPU. CPU is cooled by a Corsair H50 water cooler. I noticed the radiator is very hot. I can't touch it for more than a second. Is this normal?

(Right now I am troubleshooting the MB where no video is detected so the CPU is not doing any work. Yet it produced a lot of heat)
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 14, 2010 6:57:26 AM

The Phenom II X6 CPUs should actually run pretty cool. If the radiator is too hot to touch then you might have a problem.
m
l
June 14, 2010 7:57:17 AM

If the CPU has a problem, would that cause the monitor to not show anything? Would the BIOS still show even if the CPU has problems?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 14, 2010 9:18:58 AM

It may be your motherboard does not support the Phenom II X6 processors without a BIOS update, or you may not have connected something into the board.
m
l
June 18, 2010 6:28:01 AM

when you have the computer turned on do you hear any beeping or anything. if you do hear beeping its your ram mostly. first shut off yoru computer(sorry some people are really stupid.). if you can try pulling out the cpu cleaning it off with some arctic 5 cleaner then re apply the thermal paste and put the cooler back on it. if it still does it try swapping gout the cpu for something else. put the stock cooler back on it for all the test. until you figure out what the problem is.
m
l
!