g4kioN1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I was going to overclock my AMD phenom x4 9550. When i was reading other forums i saw that my average temps should be high 40's to low 50's. My Temps are Low 34, High 39

Also if someone could help me to solve this problem and maybe walk me through overclocking i will be very appreciative.

Solution
It's actually better to have lower temperatures, it provides more overclocking headroom in the sense that you do not reach temperature limitations as quickly.
Sorry, but I personally cannot help you overclock your Phenom X4 9550, but I suggest you look up a few guides, and if you encounter any problems, ask us.
It's actually better to have lower temperatures, it provides more overclocking headroom in the sense that you do not reach temperature limitations as quickly.
Sorry, but I personally cannot help you overclock your Phenom X4 9550, but I suggest you look up a few guides, and if you encounter any problems, ask us.

Solution

g4kioN1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
The reason why I was concerned is because I've reapplied my heatsink many times because of switching motherboards (one is damaged) and Maybe i didn't put enough thermal paste? I made sure to spread it out. When i watched videos they told me to use enough to cover the processor and that's it.

g4kioN1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I clocked up to 2.410 Ghz and my computer crashed half way in the OCCT test. My RAM speed is 667, and I'm using a stock cooler. Do i need higher RAM speed or can i just buy a new heatsink. Does the voltage of my CPU cause the crash? I left everything default except the CPU clock speed

xenontek

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Im new to the overclocking scene myself. Today I tried overclocking my Core 2 Duo E6850 from 3.0GHz to 3.6GHz. Although it POST checked fine, it stalled at the windows boot screen and that was after adjusting the FSB and Voltages. I think overclocking results are unique with different hardware - you just need the time to try tiny adjustments to see what is right and what isnt - from what i read, overclocking is not something you do in 5 minutes and then reem from the benefits.

Omniblivion

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

Which program are you using to monitor your core temps? You should be using RealTemp or CoreTemp, not something like SpeedFan. If you get a "bad" temp reader, the temps could be as far as +10c off.

g4kioN1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009

I am currently using OCCT and CPUID They are both within 1c

g4kioN1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009

i realized that they were idle temperatures. I've read that when you overclock it is better to down clock the ram, is this true? earlier i did while putting my bus (i think that's what is called) at 230.