khicharkumar

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Hi all my pals,
What are the CAS,Latency,RAS etc option in memory timings............? :sweat:
DO THEY AFFECT OC'ING AND OC STABLITY IF YES THEN HOW AND WHAT TO SET THEM(in general and in OCing) ?
Thanks All...

Solution
Playing around with memory timings is not advisable. The manufacturers test the RAM and those sticks that pass stringent requirements are placed in higher categories and sold at higher prices.

I have OCed my CPU 40% and underclocked my 1600 RAM to 1460, It's a good strategy.
Playing around with memory timings is not advisable. The manufacturers test the RAM and those sticks that pass stringent requirements are placed in higher categories and sold at higher prices.

I have OCed my CPU 40% and underclocked my 1600 RAM to 1460, It's a good strategy.

Solution
Post your system components - makes and models of motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU, HDD(s), DVDRW(s). Sometimes you can adjust the speed, voltage and latencies of RAM and achieve better performance and stability, but it takes a lot of experimentation because some settings just don't work - your computer won't even POST. So Ubrales has a point, if you can achieve stability with the RAM mfr's suggested voltage, frequency, and latencies, why bother?

khicharkumar

Distinguished
May 18, 2010

My system specs are:(don't get confused i have two systems with same,mobo,PSU,HDD,RAM config only difference is CPu,GPU....................)
CPU:Intel Celeron D 331 @ 3.5 Ghz on stock voltage 1.328 & Pentium Dual Core E5400 @ 2.7 stock speed..
RAM:Samsung DDR2 800MHz(PC2 6400) 1GB x2 in dual channel **x2 config for both systems
Mobo:Gigabyte G41M-ES2L rev 1.0 *2 for both processors
PSU:Merom 500W *for both CPU's
GPU: On Celeron RIG onboard GMA 4500 on Pentium E5400 a Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT
HDD:Samsung HD502HI 500 GB SATA II HDD 5400 RPM 16M Buffer *2 both PC have one
DVD Drive:Somethin of LG/Hitiachi *x2 each PC has same DVD drive.......

I have two same systems but each has diffrent processors mentioned above......one has E5400 and other Cele D 331 which has FSB of 533Mhz so my RAM runs at 533 Mhz only at stock FSB and at OC settings (175*20) RAM only goes to 700 Mhz speed........and it can handle easily upto FSB 200 but CPU (Celeron D331) cant since 200*20=4Ghz..........
So my RAM's usually run at low speed in the Celeron system so suggest some aggresive timings since RAM only runs at 533 Mhz usually........I know i can change mem divider in BIOS but unable to change though there is option to do it.....
On the other system i overclocke upto 3.33 Ghz to 3.6 Ghz but there is no problem as i change mem divider but in Celeron Pc i am unable to change though they have same mobo.'s.....

Thanks,