PSU squealing again

mkamachi

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
*** *** *** is happening , because i cant fix it , i tried any diferent ways to resolve this problem with my old system , but now , with the i7 system , the noise appears again. Im from Brazil and no one here knows something about it.
Please guys , help me , im starting to guess that its a sobrenatural problem .

mkamachi

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
My system Rig:

Core i7 940
Rampage II extreme
GTX 295
6gb Corsair Dominator 1866
Corsair 1000hx

So , i had the same problem on my old system , i tried to change de PSU but the noise still there. Now , i built this i7 system and im having the same problem that i had before. Im sure the sound comes from the PSU , cause i already built this out of the case and i could hear the sound. I dont know what could be happening , im so confused , i tried to change the VGA card but the noise continues , so i guess that's not the problem. The only thing that i didnt check is the energy coming out of the wall , could be it the problem? sorry for the english , i know that its horrible , but im tryng to talk to you guys , cause everybody here in Brazil are a lot of idiots , no one knows what could be happening.
Thanks

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
If it is a high pitched whistle you may just have very good hearing. Switching PSUs use a high frequency oscillator to convert voltages with small transformers, you may be hearing that frequency, or a lower harmonic.

Mike.