yakooza

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Im looking for a case for my new Amd Phenom II system :))

I don't want to spend more then $100. The lesser the better...
I won't be overclocking much. If I do, I won't be changing stock voltage, probably...

Im looking for something nice though. Not just a simply black box. LEDs?

Btw, my cousin has a spare case that he used on a 6-7 year old computer. Its pretty big I think. Not bad at all looking. Can I use it?
As long as it fits, right?

And so, how can I know whether its micro ATX or not?

mamw93

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
As long as it fits your motherboard it'll be fine. That and it needs to fit your power supply and long video cards if you ever get them. Pretty much if it's standard size it'll work. I have the Cooler Master 690 and love it. Check it out. Lot's of fan potential, 5 hard drive slots, 5 5.25" Drive Bays, top USB, Firewire, eSATA, 7 expansion slots, bottom mounted power supply, built in cable management, lots of room to tuck away any extra cable in the back cause the cable management goes up the side of the case, blue LED front fan, you can get it with an optional window on the side, a 3.5" Drive adapter for a 5.25" Drive Bay. It's an awesome case I picked up form Amazon for about 80 bucks. There is also an Nvidia fanboy case that is green with a green LED fan.... same everything else though.

Most descriptions or specifications at online vendors usually indicate whether the case was designed for standard ATX motherboards or micro ATX mother boards. Sometimes it is shortened to just ATX or mATX.

yakooza

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I like the CM690 but it comes to ~$120 ion newegg with the $45 shipping. It used to be free shipping. Should of gotten it then.

"There is also an Nvidia fanboy case that is green with a green LED fan.... same everything else though. "
Would be awesome for a AMD Cpu and an ATI card :)

I just found this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119129

Awesome!?
Btw, should I rush to get the deal? Does newegg change prices and take off/put on FS regularly?

Stiffex

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
stevlowe

stevlowe

stevlowe

Some pix of mine to ponder over :pt1cable: