Sign in with
Your question

Please Help with Installing Drivers to Get the PC to Recognise Network

Last response: in Networking
June 3, 2009 11:03:53 AM

I have a new-ish PC. When I had it there was a problem removing the previous owners account. So I did a fresh XP Install but the comp would not detect the network adapter. Someone sorted it but I was not there so do not know how. Can't find that person at the moment so need to sort it myself.

Anyway, SP3 got installed {forgot to switch of automatic updates} and comp played up. Read somewhere SP3 and AMD CPUs don't go well together so I did a fresh XP install and now comp can't detect Network Adapter again.

I have a floppy disk here which I am sure holds the key but I am not sure how to use or when to use. The disk is NVIDIA Chipset IDE Driver. All other disks are accounted for so I am convinced this disk holds the answer please help.

Thanks in advance

P.S I am not a techie so please keep it simple. :pt1cable: 
a b \ Driver
June 9, 2009 11:19:06 PM

You need LAN drivers. To help, we need to know what type of PC or motherboard you have.
a b \ Driver
June 10, 2009 8:07:36 PM

If you're using a network adapter (wireless), you simply need to install the drivers for the adapter. There should've been a disc that came with it. If not, go to the manufacturers website and you can download them there.

Related resources
!