Sign in with
Your question

Which of these is the best water cooling kit for me?

Last response: in Overclocking
June 15, 2010 11:35:47 AM

I'm looking at getting one of two watercooling kits although a third is not ruled out - I do have overclocking in mind with the CPU - I'd like atleast 3.6GHz if not 4 as i've seen achieved.

The two main kits I have in mind are:
CoolIT ALC Domino Watercooling Kit
CoolIT ECO Watercooling Kit

I have also heard that there is a third which I have not ruled out which is the Corsair H50.
It's probably also worth mentioning I'm on a bit of a budget of about £60 so the Corsair H50 is out of the question unless I wait a bit longer should it be proved to give a significant advantage.

My main question really is, which one is best and are any of them worth purchasing? I.E: Will they do the job and also not sound like a train at the same time?

My hardware is:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz
Asustek P5Q Motherboard
350Watt PSU

Thanks guys. If you need anymore information please say.

More about : water cooling kit

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 15, 2010 12:51:45 PM

If you are on a budget, get an air cooler because none of those actually performs like a real water cooling kit. Those use water to move heat to a heat sink no bigger than what you get on an air cooler there won't be drastic performance changes, in fact some high end air cooling solution can easily outclass any of them.

Your E6850 won't run particularly hot. Chances are your overclock would be limited by the potential of the chip before an air cooler can't handle the temps.
a c 161 à CPUs
a c 295 K Overclocking
June 15, 2010 2:09:13 PM

Hi newcomer and welocme to the Tom's hardware forum.

IMO U don't need LCS for get the 4GHz with a good CPU cooler like the Titan Fenrir u can get that OC.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 15, 2010 3:03:16 PM

^ Amen. An btw, the All In One sealed kits like the H50 more or less on par with high end air coolers.

My recommendation: Get one of the top coolers listed here http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

If you want REAL watercooling, you need to shell out $200-250.
a c 161 à CPUs
a c 295 K Overclocking
June 15, 2010 3:22:34 PM

^I think that for a real LCS he need a little more $300 at least.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 15, 2010 4:09:18 PM

^ If in the US, you can build a custom loop just for the CPU for ~$200-250 on the mid-high range with out insanely expensive fans (ie no Gentle typhoons with $200).
June 15, 2010 11:30:34 PM

Cheers guys :)  Will probably just save up and start on a new system and get "real" water cooling. Appreciate your replies saving me wasting £60 - and thanks for the welcome :) 
a c 161 à CPUs
a c 295 K Overclocking
June 16, 2010 3:07:59 AM

Any time, that's why we are here.
!