Gigabyte SPDIF In Bracket

The only place I've been able to find an SPDIF In Bracket for my UD3R is on Ebay and they are running around 20 bucks. I've also considered the do-it-yourself fix by just buying the coaxial panel from FrontX, which costs $6.30. I shouldn't need anything but the coaxial jack so the last solution seems best but I was wondering if anyone had actually purchased the official bracket and was there anything to it worth the extra 12 or so dollars.

The part from FrontX: http://www.frontx.com/pro/p1062_030.html

PetrolMan
4 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte spdif bracket
  1. I did buy this bracket off Ebay thinking I'd be able to turn my desktop into a 5.1 Dolby receiver. On Windows 7, however, so far I can only achieve stereo using optical-in. If anyone knows whether this is a limitation of the chipset, driver, or software, please reply and message me. I hope it was worth ~$20 for this experiment.

(My specific board is Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P)
  2. I've an Intel (DS5) with the same audio codec, but a built-in rear-panel jack - my driver, also, only shows stereo for the SPDIF in...
  3. Because SPdif can only carry 2.0, and encoded (compressed) 5.1 via Dolby Digital/DTS. Uncompressed 5.1 signals are too large for Spdif to carry. Unless you are passing in a dolby/DTS signal, all you will get is 2.0, unless you use a soundcard to upmix to 5.1.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Do It Yourself Motherboards