Sign in with
Your question

My desktop computer won't come out of hibernation

Last response: in Windows XP
June 10, 2011 6:39:14 PM

The internal fuse trips when I press the button to restart, as it wouldn't come out of hybernation, so I tried to turn it off with the button and start again. I think it thinks it's on, as I finally took out the battery to the mouse, because the red light was on under it constantly, even though the computer doesn't appear to be on. I unplugged everything and replugged it all, and nothing. The green light on the back of the tower comes on when i reset the fuse switch, but goes out as soon a I press the on button in front. Any ideas?
NRG
June 23, 2011 8:07:28 PM

Internal fuse on power supply ? That might be the problem.
Personally I never used hibernate on my desktop, to me it's a laptop only feature.
Holding the power button for 5 secs. should shut it down properly.
Use power button to get it back on.
m
l
June 23, 2011 8:25:40 PM

Cyberat_88 said:
Internal fuse on power supply ? That might be the problem.
Personally I never used hibernate on my desktop, to me it's a laptop only feature.
Holding the power button for 5 secs. should shut it down properly.
Use power button to get it back on.

Dear Cyberrat
Thank you for your input. I tried all that, and it still was the same. Then one day, the screens lit up and voila' ! I was downloading the new defs. for Norton when it went black again. So I took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy, and they said it was the actual power supply, and would replace it. Still not done, so don't know if that fixed it. It came on when they unplugged the internal power supply from the inside of the computer and they plugged in one of their own. They kept it on the whole time I was there, and it didn't shut down, so I bought a two year thingy good for 3 computers, which I have. Hope that was it, as I paid for the unit, and the new warrenty doesn't cover parts. This new little power unit has it's own warranty tho. Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Nancyrose
m
l
Related resources
June 24, 2011 12:33:38 AM

Ok, Cyberat_88,
So do you mean that I should change my name to "Clueless"? or What? Or are you saying "Welcome to the Club"? And what would that mean? Oh, that I must be clueless to say the least? I think that would be the best way to describe how I feel about all this.....
And as to your salutation "the Guilty Will Be Punished!", My response will be "WHEN!? Any Time Soon?"
Thanks,
nastyrose
m
l
June 27, 2011 7:08:05 PM

Welcome for the advice.
You're reading too much into it, but then again expectable from Nasty Rose...
I wish I could make it soon, Revolutions require money and lots of it.
m
l
June 27, 2011 11:10:35 PM

Cyberat_88 said:
Welcome for the advice.
You're reading too much into it, but then again expectable from Nasty Rose...
I wish I could make it soon, Revolutions require money and lots of it.

Ok, I'm with that one, but then what? Obviously I don't have the money to invest into a revolution! Do you? Am I reading too much into it, or is there too much in it to ingest?
NRG
m
l
!