My 285s came in...heres what I noticed first

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Power
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 30, 2009 10:41:46 PM

Well I finally got my 285s in the mail after sending in my old 280s.

Now I notices some differences physically ...duh!

Here we go:

285 GTX vs 280 GTX on the outside:)  :

280 GTX

285 GTX

Different Pictures, and thats about it for the front.

Now the Power Inputs:) 

280 GTX

285 GTX

Notice that the 280 GTX needs a 6 pin and an 8 pin, while the 285 GTX only needs 2 6 pins. Good thing? Or bad thing? For me neither.

The Back...

280 GTX

285 GTX

I'm sorry but I hate the lazy approach, I would feel 10x's more confident in the card with a plastic back than a bare back. Anyways this won't affect most of you.

And Finally Here is the system:

GPUZ

Benchmarks Will soon follow. I might post em by 2morrow or the latest sunday. I might do em 2day if I'm patient enough:p 

More about : 285s heres noticed

January 30, 2009 10:48:31 PM

So much money for a 1.2% performance increase.
January 30, 2009 10:52:31 PM

See thats where your wrong.

A) I paid 0$ That includes shipping and imports

B) ITs 10% increase and with the massive increase in Overclocking ability you can get it up to 20% increase over the 280 GTX...I researched:)  Check out Guru3D

THe 280 GTX could barely push over 660 mhz this 1 makes it to 740 mhz easily.

Heres an example, I played it safe and oced it to match the OCX

Related resources
January 30, 2009 10:54:38 PM

I see. So 150FPS in Crysis instead of 135.

Gotcha.
January 30, 2009 10:58:36 PM

35 vs 32

thats 10%

35/32 = 1.09375

I think thats good right?

@ 1920x1200

I don't get whats soo hard? It wasn't a revolutionary card. its just A less heat pumping, less consuming and overall faster card.

Overclock a 280 GTX max and a 285 GTX max and you'll see atleast 10% improvement..though if you compare the OCed 285 GTX at the end of the review with the results of the 280 you'll see 20% increases in some cases.

So I dunno if you have just sarcasm or you want to be smart...:) 

Frankly I don't care:D 

"VIDIA
is dominating the Crytek engine for a while now. And it against shows. We again at 1600x1200 and 1920x1200 spot roughly 10% additional performance for the GTX 285 over the GTX 280."
January 30, 2009 11:25:40 PM

seems nvidia are rushing again. pitty i was hopping in buying the 295 (or 280 gx2 as most refer it to)

As i swapped froma 7900GX2 and my mate has the 9800gx2 but he gets problems,

I just hope since my board nt sli that the 295 sets a good standard for me.

Atm im stuck with my xfx 320 8800 gts :(  tho i have overclocked mine from 513/735 to 650/900 Which is good enough for me @ gta IV atm .
January 30, 2009 11:36:27 PM

well its not about rushing, its releasing what the 280 GTX and the 260 GTX should've been.

Its nice how it runs alot cooler than my 280s:D 
January 30, 2009 11:55:56 PM

judging from gameplay and overall frames I'm seeing, it runs smoother than the 3 280s and 2. I'm just straining to figure out why. Maybe the previous were defective:S

I mean Lost Planet actually plays 100+ frames maxed now, and before it couldn't do anything about 30 with 3, 2 or 1 card:S Crysis runs smoother, same with l4d.

COD plays the same:p 
January 31, 2009 1:09:54 AM

Yeah it is totally insane to spend extra to get a GTX 285 over a GTX 280...

However L1qu1d supposedly didn't pay anything and had fun with the installation so I believe a few says of waiting for shipping isn't so bad, but don't try to tell me there is any noticeable difference performance wise...

I did the same with my WC loop that I don't use 24/7, I overclocked my 4870 X2 higher than I thought possible, overclocked my E8600 to 5.1 Ghz!! And noticed no performance difference, but had fun doing it and did not expect a difference.
January 31, 2009 1:25:34 AM

well I did notice a difference, which I did say might mean that the previous 280s I had were either faulty or something else.

Now then, Frames wise, I get more than the 280s, and it does seems smoother especially in Crysis and in Lost planet.

Please don't tell me what I see or not. Noticeable difference is opinion not a fixed rule.

You oced your cpu to 5.1 ghz and didn't notice a difference? I suggest you play FSX or Crysis. I noticed going from 3.2 to 3.8 GHZ.

And there isn't a Supposedly.

Honest I would've spent around 50$ if I had to. This card runs alot cooler and doesn't need the stupid 8 pin power cord. The overclock IS WAY more than 280 GTX.

Wasn't expecting to hear anything nice from ATI owners:) 

EDIT: I just wanted to add that the BFG trade was a pain this time. They had a major System down, and alot of Canadian owners will run in filter problems if your actually paying for the card. If they tell you that they only cover the card, argue and they will eventually give in an send it to you free with the imports paid. :) 
January 31, 2009 1:50:41 AM

I am sure there is something "noticeable" I suppose my wording was poor. If you started actually playing the game and not looking for a difference then there would be very little or none. Overclocking from 4.3 to 5.1 is totally different than going from 3.2 to 3.8 because after 3.6-4.0 there really is no difference anymore for dualcores that I can see. Running cool is nice and I agree that is great, but 3 times $50 is $150 and thats a bit much for lower temps. I also must say you got one hell of a deal, I would have done the same for free, hell yeah!

Oh and the ATI owner comment is out of line since I am not biased either way. I am not saying it performs less, I'm saying it is not a difference I would have paid $150 for. Oh and my GTX 280 runs nice and cool after I replaced the thermal paste, and even larger difference than when I did that to my 4870 X2. Did you ever try that with your 9800 GX2s or GTX 280s? I usually do first thing anymore since it seems to make a large difference from what I have seen with hot cards.

Anyway nice build bro, always nice to hear from someone who buys highend with a realistic view from the top... *looks for roadrunner*
January 31, 2009 2:02:31 AM

If I would've tried it I wouldn't have gotten the 285 GTX:) 

But I will be doing it with these since the step ups wont be happening anymore.

Only reason for my ATI comment would be because it looks like very1, is leaning towards ATI but still buying Nvidia. They seem to just let words come out of their mouth. (not direct @ u).

For example this really piss me off when I hear "OMG the 295 GTX destroys the 4870 X2" ...really? You use that word like that?

Or the 285 GTX is for suckers Nvidia sucks cuz they trick ppl...or My fav, Nvidia is in the lead now so buy Nvidia...

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Kinda sick of ppl just talking out of Feeling than pure fact, I've been seeing alot of it, especially with the ATI fans that want to jump back into ATI when it comes back to the top (I'm part of them...well I use to be till I found out I don't like either company).

Thought my comment isn't directed at you, its just a general idea.

Like I said, I respect ppl that can talk with me, not against me or for me blindly:) 

Though I do see some ppl that I use to have respect for their opinion jump into the Fan category. Again raven not you.

Sorry if I sniped you down, it wasn't direct at you or any1 personally, just an idea to put out there.

First comment in a post for a new build is good job 1.9%. lol

Sound like something you want to hear?
January 31, 2009 2:12:09 AM

Heh I love the GTX 295 destroys the 4870 X2 crap since both cards are pretty similar and in my opinion overpowered. The 4870 beats the GTX 260 because it has DX10.1 is dumb because I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER saw a difference with DX10.1... And then when I say "buy whichever is cheapest" I get attacked because I did not say "Do tons of research to see which cards get the best performance in the games you use so you can have a whole TWO FPS INCREASE!!!" That and the "4850/4870/4870 X2 problem posts" are half the time either extremely dumb or just plain fud. Then you have people saying that you should never buy nVidia GPUs because their mobile graphics tend to fail 1-2 times out of 100... or that you should supprt ATI(AMD) because they are the underdogs...

Lets not even get into the pathetic Intel vs AMD debates... I'm engaged in one now if you want to look for a laugh L1qu1d... I think the only reason I answer these ridiculous posts is because these idiots will spew opinions like they are facts and confuse or trick someone...

If I hear the "reviews don't matter, only what random Joe 1 and 2 said matters" argument again I might throw my monitor through my window.
January 31, 2009 2:22:51 AM

HAHAH your monitor might land near the one I threw out:) 

Yup, took the words right out of my horse mouth:D 

Seems like ppl let logos be the judge what they purchase and History of a company rather than reviews.

Heres another favorite I've been hearing from alot of ppl. "ATI runs soo hot, I'm getting Nvidia because its runs cooler" LOL you want cool? grab a 9400 GT:)  or 3470 and be happy:D . even better 1 " I hate how Nvidia tricks ppl" did they trick you? No well then why care? LOL.

Oh don't get me started on AMD vs Intel. Though I was shocked to see some very interesting results with the AMD CPUs besting the i7s at high resolution.

Ever since I started building computers, to me AMD was a company that could give you amazing bang for the buck. Almost matching the intel for half the price. Same with ATI...when i got my 9800 XT it was 100$ less expensive than the Nvidia out then, and honestly performed better in most test (back then THG had some amazing VGA and CPU charts)

Anywho I still have the 4870 X2 in my secndary, I'm going to give it till 9.2 drivers to see something:p , till then I'm going to find a buyer for the 280 GTX.

Its funny though I have an ATI sticker on my ps3:D  lol

P.S
I did notice that the 285 GTXs aren't as noisy as the previous, but I really hate the bare backs:( 
January 31, 2009 2:29:11 AM

I went from Nvidia to ATI simply because my 8800GT wasnt cutting it for me anymore and the GTX 200 cards were too expensive at the time, so I snagged the 4870 which matched the GTX 260, it was a no-brainer. I then sold that and droped down to a 4850 because I stopped gaming heavy and was sick of the noise from the 4870. Long boring story.
January 31, 2009 2:36:37 AM

thats the difference between a casual gamer and an enthusiast:D 
January 31, 2009 2:43:37 AM

Well im slowly getting back into it. I just bought a Xeon X3370, and ill be throwing another 4850 in here in a few weeks.

Im sorta prepping for Alan Wake and a few other random games.
January 31, 2009 2:49:27 AM

Alan wake looks insane.

I'm looking into Shellshock 2 (killzone 2 for ps3), sc 2 fear 2 (some others) and I just made an extra pc for my gf to play sims 3:) 

Though I'm excited that doom 4 is now in production:) 

I'm waiting till mid feb to go i7 or phenom depending on how prices shift.

but right Now I'm happy playing left 4 dead:p 
January 31, 2009 8:36:03 AM

Well i just think madness to even get such a card in the first place, yes you will notice performance increase not just in th framerate but also thro its new smaller (die), and cooler strains. But apart from that the difference is "minimum".

BloodRaven:- 5.1GHZ and you didnt notice a difference , what game do you play ^^,
I got mine from 2.4 to 3.2 and the difference is outstanding. Wish i had 5.1 :( , if you be so nice to name the cooler you have that has the potential to withstand that type of o/c. May be on achm,eds new delivery list!

~ Bloodraven~@What doesn't kill me only pisses me off!.....Knock knock.. who there.. um ? Me ill kill you!.

I checked up the price difference from the 280 to a 285 and ALA DO MATMAT its outstandingly overpriced. I mainly laughs at the gfx's now slapped with pltic like a toy, Mhz + stream's surpose to be great , yet framerate is always a downer. I remember getting a BFG 7200GT 512mb for xmas when i was a lad, and it hit 300fps easy, now adays the 8800 wont even touch that mark, seems to me nvidia are losing touch as they want to improve there titles by rushing cards out of the factory tests beds to slap amds/ati dragon balls, which to me i cant understand as Nvidia and intel will always be champions!.
January 31, 2009 8:49:11 AM

Doom4 has been in production nearly 6 months now it was only commented to the public latly but ive been beta testing it. @ ID-Software Games tester. Just wish i had better pay, to upgrade my rig :( . On a upside Diablo 3 should be releaseing shortly. And quakelive + counterstrikeonline should be coming into final stages for the public outcry. Cant wait for doom4 though been playing quake 4 and doom3 + expansion all week, yes i know its old but its great, shh dont tell anyone but i still play doom ,wolf3d,duke3d and rise of the triad on pc with mouse+keyboard and or doom's i use controller .
Agh nothing better than oldschool.

Counterstrike online = A standalone swat team based game. Release date for UK April 2009.
Diablo 3- Release date (anytime now)
Quake-live- www.quakelive.com (in beta testing , final stages) (www.beta.quakelive.com)
January 31, 2009 9:34:17 AM

The_Blood_Raven said:
Heh I love the GTX 295 destroys the 4870 X2 crap since both cards are pretty similar and in my opinion overpowered. The 4870 beats the GTX 260 because it has DX10.1 is dumb because I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER saw a difference with DX10.1... And then when I say "buy whichever is cheapest" I get attacked because I did not say "Do tons of research to see which cards get the best performance in the games you use so you can have a whole TWO FPS INCREASE!!!" That and the "4850/4870/4870 X2 problem posts" are half the time either extremely dumb or just plain fud. Then you have people saying that you should never buy nVidia GPUs because their mobile graphics tend to fail 1-2 times out of 100... or that you should supprt ATI(AMD) because they are the underdogs...

Lets not even get into the pathetic Intel vs AMD debates... I'm engaged in one now if you want to look for a laugh L1qu1d... I think the only reason I answer these ridiculous posts is because these idiots will spew opinions like they are facts and confuse or trick someone...

If I hear the "reviews don't matter, only what random Joe 1 and 2 said matters" argument again I might throw my monitor through my window.

Pretty much all of the forums I go to are still stuck on Nvidia. I still read "lol ATI overheats" and are "plagued with driver issues". I've seen people arguing that Nvidia cards are better based on nothing but the shader clocks. Even on here there are people saying "I heard from my friend that Nvidia was way better, so I don't want ATI" and rarely the other way around.

ATI fell behind for two generations and suddenly in everyone's mind they must be crappy forever.

On the other hand I see quite a few raving AMD fanboys and hardly any Intel fanboys.

BenSheriff said:
Cant wait for doom4 though been playing quake 4 and doom3 + expansion all week, yes i know its old but its great)

I play Doom 3 all the time with the Last Man Standing online coop mod. It's a little glitchy but it's a ton of fun if you haven't tried it.

http://doom3coop.com/index.php
January 31, 2009 10:07:40 AM

spathotan said:
So much money for a 1.2% performance increase.

well you can pick up the faster 4850x2 for less, make me laugh at the nvidia idiots
January 31, 2009 10:09:45 AM

L1qu1d said:
See thats where your wrong.

A) I paid 0$ That includes shipping and imports

B) ITs 10% increase and with the massive increase in Overclocking ability you can get it up to 20% increase over the 280 GTX...I researched:)  Check out Guru3D

THe 280 GTX could barely push over 660 mhz this 1 makes it to 740 mhz easily.

Heres an example, I played it safe and oced it to match the OCX

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z296/L1qu1d2007/OCX.jpg

i want to know who you shagged for that
January 31, 2009 10:30:45 AM

spathotan said:
I see. So 150FPS in Crysis instead of 135.

Gotcha.

While for many users a graphics array such as 8800 GT SLI or 4850 CF would be major overkill, there are many users out there such as L1qu1d who want to play high end games at the highest detail levels that developers and modders can offer.

There is going to be a noticeable performance increase as indicated by several reviews, especially in future titles where you will hit a GPU wall. Noone buys this kind of hardware for present titles, they buy it to have some future proofing.

Its not a waste of money or time when you have a limited window of time to choose to do a trade-up, and it will cost you basically nothing to do so.

Regrettably, the 55nm cards weren't out by the end of my EVGA step-up; so I didn't have the opportunity myself, however paying nothing for a better gpu is good common sense.

In conclusion, don't troll =/
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2009 10:53:02 AM

Enjoy your new gtx285 im jealous. =P
January 31, 2009 12:08:14 PM

ovaltineplease "Noone buys this kind of hardware for present titles, they buy it to have some future proofing."

Im sorry but if anybody knows anything about pc's is that whatever you buy now is already outdated.

Factorys make better cards its only until months later it goes public.

My mate paid £900 for the 8800 GTS when it was first spoke of on nvidia partners site, he got his 4 months before it was even mentioned/shown on the nvidia site.

And when he got it he was chuffed but 4 months later mr. GTX was realsed and he /cry'ed.

Fact anything you think/ seen and like and want to buy that costs over £600 is worthless in 4months time, to make my self claer if you have a extra cash flow or are bored/ in a house by you'reself with no women like liquid ^^, then you have the purposs to buy such expensive equipment to keep you'reself entertained , the only thing you need to make sure if buying any high standard (so called!!) gfx cards is the trade in days. This is very important to make sure you know you're gfx manufacters released schedule as you dont want to keep your card for enough time that its worth a crappy refund or pc addon, make sure you hand it in when you can and be sure yo buy something that will help with pc problems or even the system that you have benefit. upgrading non-stop is pointless and should mainly be done on a 2 yr benefit plan. Many kids in poor areas could do with the money people toss at there systems.

Mind you if you handed them a 285gfx they proberly think holy hell thats some size/shape of a romotecontrolled car.

January 31, 2009 2:26:58 PM

Your right I don't have girls I have girl. I think that should be enough for the primitive needs of a man.

Though I doubt you know what I'm talking about, what with your Beta Testing job...you might be a little confused;)

Now lets start shall we:) 

You upgrade every decade, and I'm proud of you...save some money for them hookers. NOw I upgrade when I have the extra cash, I really can't help it that my job pays better than your Beta testing job..I'm sorry probably since I'm Canadian:D 

Now my 2nd point

You want to talk about kids needing money? Ok my friend so from now on I'd like to see the scans of the check you send to help the childrens hospital. :) 
I mean if your going to come to a forum and tell us about wasting our money on systems, when its a forum about upgrades, well you must be some really nice Human beings and you should share your donations with us.

So please post every donation that you haven't spent on your system that you have sent off to the poor children.

You talk to be heard and thats it.

Get a job Hippy:) 

Now Rangers my bud. I didn't shag any1 I just got lucky enough to complaina bout shipping and i was lucky again that the new 285 GTX was ALOT cheaper than the 280 GTX (well 100$)

I'm pretty happy with the Stepup, I mean Jaydee was right, absolutely nothing to lose but everything to gain.

January 31, 2009 4:16:42 PM

Those 285's look pretty damn sexy.
January 31, 2009 4:23:47 PM

ovaltineplease said:

In conclusion, don't troll =/

So you posted just to tell me not to troll?

You need to learn what being sarcastic jokingly is.
January 31, 2009 4:47:00 PM

Did a quick 3Dmark Vantage run

Compared to the 27,000 I used to get with 3 280s.

Note*

My Cpu was downclocked to 3.7 GHZ for this test, as I don't think 100 Mhz is worth a 10 degree increase in heat ATM (Since I need to up the Vcore voltage alot more than to get it to 3.8 ghz)
January 31, 2009 9:22:50 PM

its a good card liquid, but i dont go for the high end or nvidia for that matter, but if i did i would be happy with it, the most i would go for is the 4850 or the 4870 (at a push), but thats just me
January 31, 2009 9:26:52 PM

BenSheriff said:
Well i just think madness to even get such a card in the first place, yes you will notice performance increase not just in th framerate but also thro its new smaller (die), and cooler strains. But apart from that the difference is "minimum".

BloodRaven:- 5.1GHZ and you didnt notice a difference , what game do you play ^^,
I got mine from 2.4 to 3.2 and the difference is outstanding. Wish i had 5.1 :( , if you be so nice to name the cooler you have that has the potential to withstand that type of o/c. May be on achm,eds new delivery list!

~ Bloodraven~@What doesn't kill me only pisses me off!.....Knock knock.. who there.. um ? Me ill kill you!.

I checked up the price difference from the 280 to a 285 and ALA DO MATMAT its outstandingly overpriced. I mainly laughs at the gfx's now slapped with pltic like a toy, Mhz + stream's surpose to be great , yet framerate is always a downer. I remember getting a BFG 7200GT 512mb for xmas when i was a lad, and it hit 300fps easy, now adays the 8800 wont even touch that mark, seems to me nvidia are losing touch as they want to improve there titles by rushing cards out of the factory tests beds to slap amds/ati dragon balls, which to me i cant understand as Nvidia and intel will always be champions!.

My air rig includes a slightly lapped Xigmatek HDT-s1283 with 2 110CFM scythe fans (modded the HS to get the extra fan one, Zip-ties FTW!) I can hit 4.7-4.8 Ghz on air and not get over 70c, but 4.6 Ghz nets me below 55c. I use a Xigmatek NB cooler with a 40 CFM 80mm fan

My WC loop includes a Swiftech MCP655 and GTX 240 and GTX 480 rads and 6 88CFM Scythe fans. I can get to 5.1 Ghz with this setup and my NB, RAM, and 4870 X2 OC'd, but the bottleneck then becomes the NB.
January 31, 2009 9:40:08 PM

Since were talking about CPU's now, installed my Xeon X3370 today. Its at 4ghz right now at 1.31v, idling at 35/35/32/30.
January 31, 2009 9:43:41 PM

cool man! ill looking into those named fan cooling parts, Any one got a guide on air cooling and how to mod it to be cooler a i got loads of fans in a box ragning from power cabled ones from 40mm to 90 and 3 pin rangin from 90 to 120's, i wanna realy make sure im getting the best circulation inside my case and what mobo chips i should strap fans to or something else.

Anything would be gratefull!!!
January 31, 2009 10:16:53 PM

Thermaltake Duo Orb is an amazing fan if it fits. It cools alot better thanmy old zalman cps9700 I had before.
February 1, 2009 12:07:44 AM

That is because the Zalman coolers are extremely overrated L1qu1d, lol.
February 1, 2009 12:15:23 AM

I like their thermal paste:p 
a c 92 U Graphics card
February 1, 2009 12:35:57 AM

Nice one Liquid , good read too :) 
February 1, 2009 12:38:46 AM

The_Blood_Raven said:
That is because the Zalman coolers are extremely overrated L1qu1d, lol.

Yep, contrary to popular belief and prices, Zalman CNPS 9700 and what not are just not fit for todays cpu's, quads at least. It was never that great to begin with, your mostly paying for the solid copper and fancy cute design.
February 1, 2009 12:54:33 AM

Well the thing was that there really wasn't any improvement from the 9500s, but overall it did its job really well....just not for the price.
February 1, 2009 8:50:23 AM

BenSheriff said:
ovaltineplease "Noone buys this kind of hardware for present titles, they buy it to have some future proofing."

Im sorry but if anybody knows anything about pc's is that whatever you buy now is already outdated.

Thats really not true, and if you build a PC that is outdated within 6 months than you completely wasted your money.

Factorys make better cards its only until months later it goes public. said:
Factorys make better cards its only until months later it goes public.

That still doesnt mean that last months hardware is outdated.

My mate paid £900 for the 8800 GTS when it was first spoke of on nvidia partners site, he got his 4 months before it was even mentioned/shown on the nvidia site. And when he got it he was chuffed but 4 months later mr. GTX was realsed and he /cry'ed. said:
My mate paid £900 for the 8800 GTS when it was first spoke of on nvidia partners site, he got his 4 months before it was even mentioned/shown on the nvidia site. And when he got it he was chuffed but 4 months later mr. GTX was realsed and he /cry'ed.

Just because they released a new video card does not mean his GTS was instantly obsolete, people are still using the 8800 GTS today and its no powerhouse, but it will play nearly any game out there at medium/high details at moderate resolutions.

In other words, your thinking falls perfectly into the trap of perceived obsolescence. If you're smart about purchasing and know the product, then you will get a good value for your money which will last for your needs. L1qu1d's purchase will last for his needs, and he has already reaped the benefit of it by getting a free hardware upgrade.
February 1, 2009 8:58:18 AM

spathotan said:
So you posted just to tell me not to troll?

You need to learn what being sarcastic jokingly is.

You were trying to afflict the OP with buyer's remorse, and were criticizing their logic for taking a free upgrade.

You need to learn what forum ettiquette is.
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2009 9:18:22 AM

Glad to see that your decision was successful, and its kickin some butt. So temps and noise is good? And your light bill will be lower too heheh. Nice BDay present to yourself, glad it worked out
February 1, 2009 9:34:24 AM

Only thing i is i feel sorry for liquid as his electric bill this year will be a b*tch!,

Hehehe, liquid @ hyperdrive powerstation :p 

Yes liquid how is you're temps btw? , i was reading on the other forum title 285 oc problem,

Where another tomHW member had 65*Cto 85*C :o  abit hot for my likeing :p 
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2009 9:53:36 AM

On the 285? Ive heard the newer 260s run a lil hot
February 1, 2009 10:31:50 AM

Too COOL 'L1qu1d'
February 1, 2009 2:43:02 PM

BenSheriff said:
Only thing i is i feel sorry for liquid as his electric bill this year will be a b*tch!,

Hehehe, liquid @ hyperdrive powerstation :p 

Yes liquid how is you're temps btw? , i was reading on the other forum title 285 oc problem,

Where another tomHW member had 65*Cto 85*C :o  abit hot for my likeing :p 

idle 42 and load 69

I would say that run cool right? :) 

2 I don't pay for electricity since I live in an apartment, its included in my bill. :D 

But thanks for trying to find a problem for me:) 

Oh yeah I saw the other memeber with the problem, the same 1 you recommended a 1500 wat PSu for 1 285 gtx? Smart of you;)

Its pretty funny this coming from some1 with a 8800 GTS 320 G80 which consumes more than the recent cards that double it in performance and pretty much match it in power consumption, and if you took the time and read THG article in Power consumption per year you'd see how much money actually goes into the rig on a 8 hour daily basis.

Good day sir :hello: 
February 1, 2009 3:48:00 PM

K today I'm going to start my tests, and I'll put them up in Excel :)  I'll also be usuing a custom time demo from Left 4 dead, Grid etc. I will also post up my timedemos for other people to download :)  That way you don't have to make one if you ever just want to benchmark:) 

February 1, 2009 3:58:45 PM

ovaltineplease said:
You were trying to afflict the OP with buyer's remorse, and were criticizing their logic for taking a free upgrade.

You need to learn what forum ettiquette is.

:pt1cable:  Youll get over it, I promise. Mr. Knight in shining armor. Besides, l1qu1d is not and was not "afflicted" or distracted in the slighest, he knows I was just nagging on him.

Stop filling this thread with spam.

Lets see those numbers l1qu1d
February 1, 2009 4:02:21 PM

You have to understand ovaltine's point though:)  he isn't saying it just for me;)

In general.

Thnx ovaltine though:D 
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest