Which Fan/Heatsink?

v1zzle

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
It's too bad you bought a mid-tower case..tight squeeze..I have the CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 and once you go big you don't go back you know what i mean..But deffinitly CoolerMaster's V8. I personnaly own one for my i7 920 and it's OC'd to 3.3 and it idle's at like 30 doesn't go over 45 on full load..good luck installing it :pt1cable: it was a lil hassle but it was fun

interesting, just before i submit this reply, i quickly glanced at the reviews on Newegg....interesting cons

i'll tell you in advance the B*tch part if you do install

1) the first screws you're going to have to install on the clips that go on the retention plate, is going to have to be screwed counter-clockwise. it took me like 10 mins to figure that out :lol:

2) is attaching it to the motherboard :eek: . that's tricky cause you have to flip your mobo upside down

If you follow the instructions carefully you'll be fine....

trust me it's well worth it

Cheers

Dan..

Absalon

Distinguished
May 9, 2009

________

A very good solution is the Scyth Ninja Mini:

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cpu/032/scmnj1000_detail.html

The price they ask is more than what you can find it locally, and the results are very good. If you are building an i7 Intel machine, then you'll need the $7, i7 clip, being that this is a universal HS.

It's quiet, it's short, it's cheap, and the reviews are damn good. It works better than most of the higher profile and priced HS on the market.

`Luck

Rob

TRENDING THREADS