Continues Short Beeps when power up the PC HELP!!

khicharkumar

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Hello All,
When I try to overclock my board from BIOS,after saving the setting PC reboots and after then rather booting up it give continues short beep and turns off and on and repeats the same...My board's Gigabyte G41M-ES2L Rev1.0 .The manual which came with it suggests that this continues short beeps refer to Power Problem...............
What is power problem the hell i use a 450W PSU and that's enough for 135W CPU+NO DISCREATE GPU+2 STICKS OF TAM+2 HDD's+A DVD ROM so where's the problem.............................
Please Help!!!

Solution
im not sure if this is an overclocking problem, i had the problem with the computer i use (in my sig) ,, it happened because of a new RAM stick i added. try removing the RAM and reinstall it. AND, if you overclocked, make sure you didn't do it in large increments,,,, to much over clocking means your CPU needs more voltage. Be careful as you can damage it. ( or whatever you overclocked) this is a power problem. try underclocking the component back to normal
(hint' don't overclock too much, do it little by little. there are many guides)
try to get the BIOS ;
I am not sure what the real problem is but this should help to atleast elimate some possibilites

frazik

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
im not sure if this is an overclocking problem, i had the problem with the computer i use (in my sig) ,, it happened because of a new RAM stick i added. try removing the RAM and reinstall it. AND, if you overclocked, make sure you didn't do it in large increments,,,, to much over clocking means your CPU needs more voltage. Be careful as you can damage it. ( or whatever you overclocked) this is a power problem. try underclocking the component back to normal
(hint' don't overclock too much, do it little by little. there are many guides)
try to get the BIOS ;
I am not sure what the real problem is but this should help to atleast elimate some possibilites

Solution

khicharkumar

Distinguished
May 18, 2010

OK:
My CPU:Intel Celeron D331 @ 2.66 Ghz i OC it to 3.4-3.5 Ghz Stable using Easy Tune.....means FSB OCed to 133-170 but in bios if i change to even 150 it gives long short beeps means a power problem as by manual of Mobo.There's no problem with RAM it's DDR 2 800 (PC26400) it runs without OC @533 MHz and @ 4ghz means FSB 200 it will run at its normal speed,
RAM: Samsung PC2 6400 1GB *2 in dual channel i tried using one stick also.......
PSU: Meron 450W
MOBO-Gigabyte G41M-ES2L
That's all my friend i tried everything anyway if i change FSB in even small increments this problem take over its the case from BIOS using Etune 6 its damn stable even at 3.4Ghz at lowered voltage and at stock voltage at 3.6 its stable i tested using Prime 95........