Memory errors, ran memtest, now its fine?

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
So had an odd one, experienced some instabilities with my i5-750 rig, 8gb of corsair ram. Never ran a huge overclock, 3.2ghz with fine temps (high 30s), returned it to stock and still had problems. So ran memtest, came back with a ton of errors so I decided to test each stick. All checked out fine on their own, then even with all 4 back in the system, no problems so far. System ran fine for about 8 months, then 2 weeks of random restarts and/or blue screens and now its fine again. wth

I have no idea what's going on, any ideas what this may be in case it starts acting up again?

Odd indeed... could be an installation issue? Depends on the mobo but the ones with the single clip DIMM slots suck lol. My ASUS is that way and I even tho I swear I made sure to push firmly on all parts of the sticks my PC read only 2gbs out of 4gbs, so I took them out, put them back, and it worked... Might just need a little cleaning... Also, could be a bad DIMM slot. Maybe try 1 stick in each of the 4 DIMM slots running memtest each time.

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
Yeah i tried what i could, its a gigabyte board, would only let me do a few memory/dimm combinations and i ran memtest on all of them with no errors. Doesn't seem possible that one could have gotten loose after being fine so long. Going to run prime95 when i get back today, let that go a couple hours and see what happens i guess, if its all still fine i guess i'll just count myself lucky.

TRENDING THREADS