• CPUs
Last response: in Overclocking
June 16, 2010 10:49:40 AM

plz help me.im absolute newbie in overclocking.my hardware:-

Windows 7 64 bit,
C2Q Q8200 2.33Ghz (333X7)
MSI P45 Diamond,
4GB ddr3 1333mhz.

i got read a few article just nw but getting more konfius.

a) i have prob with FSB/DRAM ratio. my mobo ratio option is like 1:2.00,1:1.50 etc etc.why is there an extra point smth smtg???

b) whats is my max FSB then?? 1333/2=667 for a ddr3?? so my CPU FSB shud not exceed 667 rite??

c) There is an option for PCI Frequency. should i set it auto?? my mobo dont have PCIe Frequency option but i read sumwhre this must be adjusted as well?

d) when i overclock my cpu, should i overclock my RAM also?

Earlier on i up the CPU frequency to 2.49Ghz with 6 CPU ratio and end up having my an error saying theres an error and windows will shut down in one minute.i bekome sked dy. then i up the voltage a bit and the whole PC cant boot.LOL.no idea why but i think i hav wrong FSB/DRAM ratio setting.anyway FSB/DRAM ration is for what?

hope anyone can ans my Q as briefly as possib.thx thx

More about : overclocking core2quad

July 4, 2010 2:56:35 PM

that link doesnt' work 4 me hard line
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
July 11, 2010 3:21:59 PM

Hello there

Your CPU runs at 333.33 quad pumped to 1333 Mhz stock. So if you OC your CPU your ram will be OC'd too.

The ratios you speak of refer to lower your ram frequency so once you reach your OC it will be the same or nearly the same as CPU.

I'm using DDR3 2000 ram with my Q9550. If I OC to 4.25Ghz CPU that = 500 fsb quad pumped to 2000, the same as my ram.

That way I am only OC'n my CPU and running my ram at stock settings. Of course that ram works just fine underclocked.

Try this link and see if it helps.

Good luck to you.:) 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2010 12:15:06 PM

I'm sorry. they deleted the thread for some reason.. let me find you a good guide to get you started.. arthurh does point you in the right direction though.. Here you go.. core 2 duo and quad overclocking guide

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259899-29-core-overcl...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2010 2:06:05 PM

Hard Line said:
I'm sorry. they deleted the thread for some reason.. let me find you a good guide to get you started.. arthurh does point you in the right direction though.. Here you go.. core 2 duo and quad overclocking guide

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259899-29-core-overcl...

Actually if you run your cursor over the word link it will take you to the exact page you linked the OP to.:) 

I've started highlighting my links so they are easier to see.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2010 2:19:42 PM

I tried to click it and it said does not exist.. so i thought the post was deleted..lol still learning that stuff.lol and I have been visiting this site since 2001 rofl
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2010 3:07:57 PM

Hard Line said:
I tried to click it and it said does not exist.. so i thought the post was deleted..lol still learning that stuff.lol and I have been visiting this site since 2001 rofl

You and me both!:D 

m
l
!