9.1 ATI drivers

:hello:

I griped about how bad the 4870/512 card was since the time I bought it and started using it. Today, after owning it since it first came out, I now admit I finally have a card that IS good and I can finally use. What the heck took ATI so long to get the drivers right ? With the 9.1 drivers not only do the newer games work better, but the older games I play once in a while actually load and the ones that loaded play better too. Unfortunately I haven't tried COD W@W yet so I can't comment on weather or not the graphics are still messed up in spots.....????..... and weather it still laggs in the demanding spots.........however, Crysis actually plays very good and don't have to go to my machine with the GTX260's on it. This card is not on a fast machine and it is not playing DX10 graphics yet ( 939 dual @2.6 ) but might get around to it this weekend to see how it runs on a more modern machine. ( Intel quad setup )

I guess this means you guys can stop griping at me now when I say it's a piece of crap? LOL............ and if you guys thought it was so good, how come for me, on whatever machine I played it on, it totally sucked until now ? Wudup wit dat ? :

muharizj

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
definite improvement in mirror's edge as they added a crossfire profile for the game finally. this is for the x2's and crossfire setups. Finally

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
To switch to 8.11 simply do an uninstall of 9.11, reboot and then reinstall 8.11. Personally 8.11 and 8.12 did nothing but blue screen my system, have had to run 8.10 for the last few months. 9.1 came out and I agree with everyone else, performance improved slightly but they seemed to have worked out alot of bugs including the one that alwyas forced me to reboot when enabling/disabling crossfire. Overall I'm pleased with the 9.1 drivers.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Hahaha, thanks for the laugh. Your response came out of no where. Go to the current ATI driver on their web page for your OS and at the bottom of the page there is a red link called "previous drivers and software" You will be able to DL an older version. Use add/remove programs to uninstall your current drivers, restart, delete the ATI folder and then reinstall and you should be set.