Transferring everything to a new case... need advice

wmdwmd123

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
I've transferring all of my hardware to a new case soon and wanted to know if there were any precautions I should take or if anything will be changed from doing stuff like connecting/reconnecting cables and what to expect. Thanks

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
In the winter it's always good to find a way to electrically ground yourself and keep the static bug away. Otherwise, a good #1x4" phillips screwdriver and a 1/4 nutdriver and you're good to go.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Most case screws are #2 phillips, #1 can slip :p

Anyec cases do not have a system speaker. You will need to tranfer the one from the old case.

Antec cases mount the PSU in the bottom. There are two sets of mounting holes so that you can mount the PSU with the fan facing upwards if your PSU has a fan presently pointing downwards.

wmdwmd123

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
I didn't think of the psu, that's a good thing there are 2 ways to mount it, but do I seriously have to transfer a case speaker? idk how to do that and don't think I could, is it really that necessary. Oh and about grounding myself, would I be safe just to plug the psu into the wall, turn if off, and put in the case then just touch the case every so often? I could get hold of a static wristband from a friend if it's necessary.

wmdwmd123

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
yeah but what about my other question about grounding and the case fan... I'm hoping for someone to say it's not a big deal and I don't need one

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Yup, most are. I assume that everyone has a #2 phillips screwdriver. Optical and hard drive screws are much better off using a #1 though. And others like hsf screws may also. You know this. How many thousands of these have you built? Anyone who remembers the Chieftech Dragon has a #1 in his toolbox. I'll bet you do.