Delta Fans - Still too Loud??!!

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Fan
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
June 16, 2010 8:44:55 PM

I tried a Delta fan sometime ago because of its CFM, but it was WAY too loud for me. Wearing ear muffs to keep my system cool did not make sense. Also, it was difficult to regulate.

Anyone using them??
Are they still too loud??
Use 'em for leaf blower??

More about : delta fans loud

a b K Overclocking
June 16, 2010 9:45:34 PM

Delta fans are among the best when it comes to CFM, if don't like the noise then get a fan controller.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
June 17, 2010 12:26:31 PM

OvrClkr said:
Delta fans are among the best when it comes to CFM, if don't like the noise then get a fan controller.

As I mentioned, [difficult to regulate]. "In the past" they were nearly impossible to run them at a reasonable speed + adequate CFM = NOT Noisy. If you cranked them down they simple didn't run. The acted like florescent lights; needed the voltage to turn but the voltage to turn was nearly 100% ON.

My question, is that problem still the case? I love + hate them.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
June 17, 2010 2:25:13 PM

One of my PC's currently runs a Delta FFB1212EHE-F00 120mm 190CFM on the CPU cooler to keep temps down in Summer, while it is rather LOUD I use a fan controller to keep the noise down when not needed and it runs perfectly fine, goes from 3800RPM (LOUD) to 1500 rpm (silent).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and this is what I use to control all my fans including CPU cooler :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I have never had the issue you are talking about, I just started to use Deltas like a year ago so im not sure if "older" Deltas had an issue when it comes to low RPM's.
a b K Overclocking
June 17, 2010 4:36:31 PM

OvrClkr said:
One of my PC's currently runs a Delta FFB1212EHE-F00 120mm 190CFM on the CPU cooler to keep temps down in Summer, while it is rather LOUD I use a fan controller to keep the noise down when not needed and it runs perfectly fine, goes from 3800RPM (LOUD) to 1500 rpm (silent).

I have never had the issue you are talking about, I just started to use Deltas like a year ago so im not sure if "older" Deltas had an issue when it comes to low RPM's.

GREAT to hear, and yes it has been a longtime since I tried Delta. "Before" you couldn't regulate them to be "silent." I had to near full power them and then throttle them down which defeats most current programmable controllers. Currently, I use Koolance the TMS-200 + TMS-EB200. Scythe produces excellent products.

I like the "if needed" overhead that Delta's offer { I researching to build a rig for my excessive gaming daughter }.

Thanks!!!
m
l
a b K Overclocking
June 17, 2010 4:38:08 PM

my pleasure =)
m
l
a b K Overclocking
June 17, 2010 4:48:56 PM

Best answer selected by jaquith.
m