SeriousBusines

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Ok, so im building a new HTPC, it should be a pretty sweet rig once i get it all working,.... but i cant get it to stay powered on for more than 2 minutes. So here's the hardware, Im using the XFX mATX 9300 with HDMI!, an e7400, 4gb of ddr2 800 (corsiar), a sony BRay drive, 500g HD, and a evga 260 gtx. All the parts are new, however i have somewhat narowed the problem down to the motherboard, because i have replaced the other components with known working parts. Right now im just trying to get the computer to stay powered on. I am still crashing two minutes or so in just sitting in the bios, with only the PSU, CPU, RAM installed...? my CPU temp is 22c and Sys is 24c. I have a ticket in with XFX but as i hear their customer support isnt the best i thought id see if someone here would have an idea. Thanks and ill be checking this post often so ask me any thing that might help with the diagnosis. I also think it might have something to do with voltages but IDK. Oh incase you were wondering and its all getting wrapped up in a AreoCool M40 case

update: i just removed and then re-installed the Mobo to see if there was a contact short, couldnt find anything. I have no clue what to try next other than getting a new mobo. any ideas would help.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
HMMMM,,did you test the mobo whilst you had it outside of the case,if it still snafu's out side them RMA it yesterday,no doubt you checked and rechecked all your connections etc,,can you not take the mobo back to where you bought it and get a replacement ??:)