Flashing Blue LED on EVGA 780i FTW

ryuko2007

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
PC has been working fine for almost a year. This morning, I went to turn it on and prior to pressing the power button all three LED's were lit, Green, Blue, and Amber. I pressed the power button and the green and amber LED's faded out and the blue LED started flashing. There's nothing in my manual that indicated what this might mean, and a google search revealed nothing. It's rather hard to troubleshoot an issue when you don't know where to start, so I'm asking for some suggestions. Does this indicate an issue with my powersupply, a short somewhere on the board, is my CMOS battery bad, problem with my NVRAM? Thanks in advance for any help

Specs
EVGA 780i FTW
EVGA GTX 280
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2 per core(400x8) slightly over stock voltage
6GB(3x2GB) DDR2 800 Ram. Stock: 4-4-4-12@2.1v OC'd to: 3-3-3-9@2.1v
2x500GB Sata II HD's
2x Sata dvd reader/writers w/ lightscribe
Universal card reader
3 1/2 floppy drive

endif

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
The EVGA 780i FTW has a POST error code it will display on the motherboard. The characters will display like a digital clock. It is located right next to your CMOS battery. If we can get what characters are displaying this will help greatly.

ryuko2007

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I would give you a post-code if I could. I should have been more specifc, sorry. Now, when I press the power button it's not that the system doesn't post, it doesnt do anything. No fans, no noise, no post code, no monitor output, no hd activity, no light except for the blinking blue LED. Prior to this issue when the PC was working fine I had an FF post code, not the bad FF for Fault Found, the good one where it starts at FF, cycles through a bunch of codes while booting up, then ends back on FF for Fully Functional. So, the board doesn't power up at all.