Can a mobo affect CPU?

Honour3

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Hi,

Can a mobo affect the CPU?

My CPU is reported to be defect by alot of people (the model that is) - however my motherboard IS defect (and it was the reseller's fault). Can a defective mobo affect the CPU (in that it overheats)? My CPU fan was fixed down tight it seems, and staying at 3600rpm from start to finish of every session - yet the CPU idles 58, and hits 87 after an hour of idle.

Honour3

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
they are compatible - and I don't have a case to talk of in this thread - just wanted to be sure that the motherboard could, by some defect, cause the CPU to overheat... by whatever means.

Honour3

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Thankyou for showing your ineptitude in the English language. Now, will anyone with half a brain and some PC-related knowledge help me with the OP question? Thanks.

[strike]Honour3[/strike] Honor3, I replied to your post because you seemed confused about computers. And the internet. Everyone disregarded your post. You show your stupidity as far as computer, and cutting edge internet technology forums like Tom's is concerned by asking no brain questions like this.

Can a mobo affect the CPU?

Does a hobbyhorse have a wooden ****?

Before you spew any more meaningless posts asking missing link worthy questions, think what you are asking? Does a MB [strike]affect[/strike] effect a CPU? Blessed with the intellect and cognitive ability of a two year old you do have a 'glow' about you.

Honour3

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
"as far as computer"?

Bah, I've landed in a US forum, god dam* fate. "Honour" made it kinda clear i wasn't american lawl.
I'll go back to UK where I'll get some sense then - thanks for making me notice.
Effect is incorrect word, its affect - idort.

And nah, I needed to be sure of the obvious answer but thats too hard for some it seems.

And you're kinda sick if you're rockinhorse has a ****.

Latest posts