My usb back-up hard drive disapeared from my computer

I deleted a partition on my external hard drive and it disapeared from my computer. What do I do?
4 answers Last reply
More about back hard drive disapeared computer
  1. Accessing Disk Management
    There are a few different ways to access Disk Management. I'll list three different methods so choose whichever is more convenient.

Method 1 - Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools. Double click Computer Management and then click Disk Management in the left hand column.

Method 2 - By default, Administrative Tools is not shown on the Start Menu but if you have modified the Start Menu (by right clicking the Start button and selecting Properties > Customize) so it is shown then just select Start > Administrative Tools > Computer Management and then click Disk Management in the left hand column.

Method 3 - Click Start > Run and type diskmgmt.msc in the Open: line and click OK. The Disk Management snap-in will open.
  2. If your partition disappeared from your computer than I would say mission accomplished. If not:

-I would restart both your computer and external hard drive.

-I would attempt every single port configuration other than the one you are currently running.

-I would go to the support section of your external hard drives company's website and look for drivers or any software support they offer for that external hard drive of yours.
  3. I finally uninstalled from my devive manager and restarted my computer and it re-installed it. Problem solved!
  4. Hey look at that reboots solve problems ...
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Computer External Hard Drive USB Partition Storage