Does RPM matter for storage

Hi guys I am running out of space!!!!! I want to buy the cheapest HD over 1 terabyte that will give me good performance. For example, I want to double click on the HD and not wait 15 seconds for it to open. I am confused if higher RPM means just that; faster access to HD. I have this in my mind:

SAMSUNG EcoGreen F3 HD203WI 2TB 5400 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive for $140

Another question I have is when I download something, it is downloaded to my primary drive and everytime I have to copy it to my secondary drive and delete it from my primary drive, since I am running out of space. Is it possible to download data directly to any of my 3 drives? Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about does matter storage
  1. RPm is how fast your hard drive spins, therefore giving faster access (higher is better). As for when you download things, each program/browser you use has options of where you can save data, just change the default save path.
  2. Solid State drives allow for very fast read/write and access to your files, faster than any HDD(ones with RPMs). But, they are more expensive.

The Samsung spinpoinit series such as http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185&cm_re=samsung_spinpoint-_-22-152-185-_-Product is probably your best bet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives HD Storage Product