Sign in with
Your question

Does my case have good air flow?

Last response: in Components
April 2, 2009 5:17:26 PM

I'm also concerned as the VX450 is mounter upside down adn also that the hot air from the HSF will make the PSU even hotter.

More about : case good air flow

a c 139 ) Power supply
April 2, 2009 5:34:01 PM

Your case does not have good air flow at all. Can you mount any optional fans?

Can you aim your TRU-90 fan at the rear case fan? That would be a better option.

Here is an example of a case with good air flow.

April 3, 2009 12:10:45 AM

No. I actually wanted to install it the way you said, but when I pointed it towards the rear, the PSU would be in the way. No room, small case. What can I do as it is to better it? ?And the bottom Drive bay is covered by some plastic design. If I just open up the place up front where you marked the 120mm, will it improve airflow? And my PSU is on top.
Related resources
a c 139 ) Power supply
April 3, 2009 12:22:21 AM

Can you replace the 80mm rear fan with a 92mm or 120mm fan? Some cases allow more than 1 size fan to be mounted.

Unless you're able to mount any extra fans there probably isnt a whole lot you can do to improve case cooling.

April 3, 2009 1:30:14 AM

Oh, there's no space to mount any more fans. If I open up some front bays, will it help?
a c 139 ) Power supply
April 3, 2009 2:32:42 PM

Not so much. About your last option is to look into aftermarket VGA coolers, slot fans and DVD drive bay fans. Performance PC's or Xoxide.com
a c 139 ) Power supply
April 3, 2009 2:35:12 PM

Forgot to add the "change the case" option too.
You could also "mod" the case to accept an external fan mounted on the case door.
!