Desktop Watermark when Fullscreen Window is Minimized?

Kenshin112

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Hey guys this is my first post on these forums and I think I came to the right place ;) . I recently installed a second Asus Radeon 4830 for crossfire a new AMD Biostar motherboard and suddenly when I minimize full screened apps. (such as games, ect.) a darkened watermark is left on my desktop as long as the game is minimized and running. The watermark is of whatever frame was present on my screen when I minimized. I tried to take a screenshot to show you, but when I pasted the picture in paint the watermark that was previously on my desktop wasn't in the picture but was still on my desktop (what the heck?).

This makes me think it's a software related problem and not something like my graphics card leaving behind artifacts. This happens to me when running all of my games full screen and never happened with my old motherboard (a 430i nVidia Dell motherboard), my old graphics card (geforce 8600 gt), or while I was using a single 4830 with my old motherboard. Games that have been effected by this are Warcraft 3, all of my Source engine games, and Call of Duty 4. For the sake of having all the information available for this I'll share my system specs.

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 5600+ Windsor

Motherboard: BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+

HDD: WD AAKS 320GB

Graphics Cards: Asus ATI Radeon 4830 x2

Memory: Tracer Ballistix Red 4gb pc6400

Power Supply: Rosewill 600W

Case: Antec 300

Optical Drive: LG DVD+RW 22x

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2220WM

Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit

I know enough to put this stuff together and get it running but I'm really terrible at troubleshooting so any help would be SERIOUSLY appreciated. I know that this isn't really affecting anything other than appearance but it's really annoying whenever I minimize a game and the screen is terribly dark. Thanks guys and if you have any questions or need any more info just let me know :D .

Kenshin112

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
I think it's been long enough where I can refresh my post so yeah I'm gonna do that.
Right now Warcraft 3 is minimized and the watermark is embedded on my screen. Also it's all scrambled up, which doesn't happen for any other games. I see there have been like 20+ views with no reply so if you guys have an idea of where I could go to get this answered I would appreciate that too lol :)

coder0

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Hello.
I have two ASUS EAH3870X2 (Quad Crossfire) and i have same problem at Windows 7, when i minimize for example Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising or Call of Duty 2, text and some other things are still on my desktop, i cant take a screenshoot because watermarks isnt present on screenshots.
Somebody know this issues and know how to fix this?
Thx for help.