Sign in with
Your question

Once again

Last response: in Overclocking
June 19, 2010 1:39:58 AM

Once again you get a brand new noob at overclocking... I recently built a new computer which i havent done in years so computers have really built up more... with that saying i would like to overclock my computer of course no idea here... like we havent heard that one yet.. anyways here are my specs

NZXT Guardian 921 Gaming Case -

AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU
Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [AMD]
Memory 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module
ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1GB -
XFX Brand Video Card
Motherboard ASUS M4A78LT-M-LE --
Power Supply 800 Watt -- Power Supply - SLI Ready
Primary Hard Drive 320 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive -
Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Monitor 22" (21.5" Viewable) Widescreen LCD 1920x1080

More about : question

a b K Overclocking
June 23, 2010 12:12:23 PM

Well, the easiest is to go into your BIOS and start increasing the CPU multiplier. Since you have a black edition CPU, the multiplier is unlocked.

Just boot into your BIOS (don't use AMD Overdrive software, BIOS is the way to do it) and bump the multiplier up one notch. Reboot back into Windows and see if you can log in. If so, then start running Prime95 as a test. If that works, you can try bumping up the multiplier again and going through all of this again. You'll know when you've reached the limit.

That's the basic way of doing. Rather than go into more detail, for more advanced topics I would suggest you go to the following link and read some more:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259903-29-overclockin...

There are plenty of links and info in that posting.

The following posting pertains to Black Edition AMDs and is a good first read:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258573-29-black-editi...

Good luck!
m
l
!