Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Shouldn't Crysis FPS Increase With Crossfire Enabled

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Crossfire
  • FPS
  • Crysis
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
February 2, 2009 2:24:23 AM

If graphic settings in Crysis are identical, shouldn't FPS and pic quality increase if crossfire is enabled? I've tried updating drivers and rebooting each time I change crossfire setting but both modes have the same fps.

two HD4830's on P6T

More about : crysis fps increase crossfire enabled

February 2, 2009 2:29:19 AM

Have you patched your Crysis?
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2009 2:43:06 AM

4830's.... maybe there's your problem ? Also it depends on your settings, if you are running at 800X600 for example you may not see any increases, just for an example, because you would be all cpu limited. Post your complete specs, and what settings you are trying to run at.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 2, 2009 3:25:40 AM

1920x1200, very high details, no AA on 24" Samsung Sync Master LCD

i7, P6T, 6Gb 1600 OCZ ddr3 ram, 610W Silencer PSU
February 2, 2009 4:12:25 AM

i7 with 2x 4830's @ 1920?!?!?! are you crazy? lol, at least have a 4870 on that.
a c 131 U Graphics card
February 2, 2009 7:01:07 AM

As romulus47plus1 said have you patched it ?
Dont know if its had any updates on the actual discs, not sure if they do that kind of thing but the game didnt support dual cards at release so unless they made an updated game release you have to patch it.

Mactronix
February 2, 2009 1:28:04 PM

I haven't patched it yet.

Could this be an overheating issue?

On the P6T, the distance between the 2 video card slots is only 3 mm.

When I left my PC off for a while and immediately start up Crysis when I boot up, it runs well over 24 fps.

However, if I start up Crysis when the PC's been running a while, it goes into slow motion mode?
February 2, 2009 5:52:37 PM

I ran a few benchmarks on my machine. Specs are:

Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz | DP45SG | 4GB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3 | 2x Palit Radeon HD 4850 512 MB in CrossfireX | 300 GB WD VelociRaptor HD | 500 GB WD Caviar HD | 650W CoolerMaster eXtreme power supply | CoolerMaster Elite 330 Black Case | ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme processor heat sink

Results are here: http://www.abxzone.com/forums/f41/buy-x58-system-now-wa...

Crysis specific results are here: http://www.abxzone.com/forums/f41/buy-x58-system-now-wa...

So, you should see an increase. This article shows the 4830 in crossfire beating a 280 in a number of games: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=16300

Run some time-demos of your own.

Make sure you're using just one interconnect cable. Make sure you have the latest 9.1 catalyst drivers.
February 2, 2009 5:54:43 PM

esox said:
I haven't patched it yet.

Could this be an overheating issue?

On the P6T, the distance between the 2 video card slots is only 3 mm.

When I left my PC off for a while and immediately start up Crysis when I boot up, it runs well over 24 fps.

However, if I start up Crysis when the PC's been running a while, it goes into slow motion mode?


Download and run SIW (google it). Go to the sensors module on the left.

Fire up crysis (keep SIW running). Play for a bit (15 - 30 mins)

Quit crysis and check the maximum temps. Post a screenshot if you can.

Edit: Oh and patch crysis. It solves a lot of issues.
February 3, 2009 1:22:28 PM

shiftstealth said:
i7 with 2x 4830's @ 1920?!?!?! are you crazy? lol, at least have a 4870 on that.


I think I went overboard. I returned the 4830's and got the BFG GTX285.
February 3, 2009 2:27:21 PM

lol. so now crysis works?
February 3, 2009 2:40:54 PM

Patching it will enable better CF results and solves some artifact problems. So how's the 285? How's it running with Crysis?
February 3, 2009 2:59:25 PM

^
^
^

I totally agree! Had artifacting and crossfire issues before. Patching solved everything.
February 3, 2009 5:15:55 PM

preyingrazor said:
Download and run SIW (google it). Go to the sensors module on the left.

Fire up crysis (keep SIW running). Play for a bit (15 - 30 mins)

Quit crysis and check the maximum temps. Post a screenshot if you can.

Edit: Oh and patch crysis. It solves a lot of issues.


Sorry, I returned the cards before I read your post. However, the last time I checked temperature when FPS dropped down, the ATI application said the temperature was over 90 degC.


romulus47plus1 said:
Patching it will enable better CF results and solves some artifact problems. So how's the 285? How's it running with Crysis?
preyingrazor said:
lol. so now crysis works?


On 1920x1200, AA=0, and Very High Quality.

fps hovered between 23 and 37

On 1920x1200, AA=8, and Very High Quality

fps was between 9 and 15

Do values for 8xAA sound about right?

I couldn't find any benchmarks for that.




February 3, 2009 5:20:29 PM

yes, it sounds about right. and your 4850 problem was definiltey a overheating one. I find the Sapphire cards run from 50 to 80 degrees, whereas the Palit 4850's run at a jaw-droppingly amazing 35-55 degrees.