Folder Options View Details error

xp pro.

I want all my explorer views to be details. It doesn't work choosing it
in the normal manner.

I learned a fix for this once with a registry fix. Unfortunately
registry mechanic fixed the fix and I lost it. It has something to do
with the number of files explorer can remember or something.

Hope someone can point me to that solution.

Thanks

John

--
R-e-t-u-r-n A-d-d-r-e-s-s I-n-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n-s
Change John6328@mcshi.com.INVALID to John6328@mchsi.com

    On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:11:33 -0500, John wrote:

    > xp pro.
    >
    > I want all my explorer views to be details. It doesn't work choosing it
    > in the normal manner.
    >
    > I learned a fix for this once with a registry fix. Unfortunately
    > registry mechanic fixed the fix and I lost it. It has something to do
    > with the number of files explorer can remember or something.
    >
    > Hope someone can point me to that solution.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    To change the number of folders that Explorer can remember View settings
    for, edit these two keys in the registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU Size
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU Size
    Use the same value for both. You can enter them as Decimal and registry
    editor will convert them to Hexadecimal. Default value is 400 (decimal).

    Or you can download Kelly's automated fix:
    Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2)

    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    thanks
    john

    Sharon F wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:11:33 -0500, John wrote:
    >

    >>xp pro.
    >>
    >>I want all my explorer views to be details. It doesn't work choosing it
    >>in the normal manner.
    >>
    >>I learned a fix for this once with a registry fix. Unfortunately
    >>registry mechanic fixed the fix and I lost it. It has something to do
    >>with the number of files explorer can remember or something.
    >>
    >>Hope someone can point me to that solution.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>John
    >

    > To change the number of folders that Explorer can remember View settings
    > for, edit these two keys in the registry:
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU Size
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU Size
    > Use the same value for both. You can enter them as Decimal and registry
    > editor will convert them to Hexadecimal. Default value is 400 (decimal).
    >
    > Or you can download Kelly's automated fix:
    > Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2)

    R-e-t-u-r-n A-d-d-r-e-s-s I-n-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n-s
    Change John6328@mcshi.com.INVALID to John6328@mchsi.com

Configuration Registry Explorer Windows XP