Folder Options View Details error

April 18, 2004 2:11:33 PM

xp pro.

I want all my explorer views to be details. It doesn't work choosing it
in the normal manner.

I learned a fix for this once with a registry fix. Unfortunately
registry mechanic fixed the fix and I lost it. It has something to do
with the number of files explorer can remember or something.

Hope someone can point me to that solution.

Thanks

John

--
R-e-t-u-r-n A-d-d-r-e-s-s I-n-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n-s
Change John6328@mcshi.com.INVALID to John6328@mchsi.com

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:11:33 -0500, John wrote:

> xp pro.
>
> I want all my explorer views to be details. It doesn't work choosing it
> in the normal manner.
>
> I learned a fix for this once with a registry fix. Unfortunately
> registry mechanic fixed the fix and I lost it. It has something to do
> with the number of files explorer can remember or something.
>
> Hope someone can point me to that solution.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

To change the number of folders that Explorer can remember View settings
for, edit these two keys in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU Size
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU Size
Use the same value for both. You can enter them as Decimal and registry
editor will convert them to Hexadecimal. Default value is 400 (decimal).

Or you can download Kelly's automated fix:
Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2)

Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
April 18, 2004 8:49:27 PM

thanks