NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nultma

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Hey guys! I just wanted to know if a NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE in a laptop could run Oblivion, if it can- is it possible someone could tell me the best it can play with a 30 fps at lowest?

ZachCasey

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
i have a 9600M GS and i can run it on high however your card is not really that great so i think low-medium settings at a low resolution.

nultma

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Oh um, what I ment was it came in a laptop, it was a Compaq, It looks like a really nice laptop but I really was looking forward to playing a nice game on it like Oblivion, so hopefully it works :)

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Cheap laptops can be had that are equipped with Nvidia 8600 class GPUs... we're talking $799 laptops with ample RAM. I really think something at that level of performance should be the minimum you're looking at. Anything less and you might as well just settle for playing Solitaire and Peggle.

I should point out that NewEgg's advanced search feature makes it easy to zero in on the perfect laptop. Just give it a price range that makes your budget and then pick the one with the highest class GPU. If all of the other specs on the system are up to snuff, you've found a winner.

G

I have a Geforce 9200M GE, and I can run Oblivion on High settings, with a good resolution, even Crysis can be played at Low, with good frames. Modern Warfare 2 is very very playable too !

Status
Not open for further replies.