Sign in with
Your question

HD 4995X2 comming soon .

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 2, 2009 8:22:29 AM

looks like ATI will be first one to release 40nm GPUs
Quote:
After RV740, the next AMD venture on the 40nm silicon process will be the company's next flagship GPU: the RV790.

Quote:
the RV790XT gets HD 4970, RV790Pro gets HD 4950 and the dual-GPU flagship SKU could be named Radeon HD 4995 X2. Talk about competitive naming.

and the new RV790 names are from Highend
HD 4995X2
HD 4970
HD 4950
and (RV740 )for midend GPU HD 4700
http://www.techpowerup.com/index.php?83591
and

http://66.102.7.100/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=htt...

:hello: 

EDIT:
Quote:

It's assumed that the RV740 will make its debut at CeBIT held in Hannover, Germany on March 3-8

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-ATI-Radeon-Phenom,...

So HD4995X2 come in march too..

More about : 4995x2 comming

a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2009 8:28:43 AM

Please fix your link.
February 2, 2009 8:55:40 AM

outlw6669 said:
Please fix your link.

now it's work .
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2009 11:27:48 AM

Hooray price wars! $200 GTX 280, coming to a store near you later this summer!
February 2, 2009 11:42:01 AM

Hooray maxed GTA IV!
February 2, 2009 12:29:03 PM

Ew why are they naming them the 4 series again? They should be the 5, but anyways I don't see these comin till next Oct:D 
February 2, 2009 12:38:23 PM

L1qu1d said:
Ew why are they naming them the 4 series again? They should be the 5, but anyways I don't see these comin till next Oct:D 

because 5 include DX11 .
if HD4995X2(if this it name) come out soon say goodbye to GTX295 . :hello: 
February 2, 2009 12:44:33 PM

so 4800 - 4900 - 5800 etc?

not 4800 - 5800 :D 

what will the next GTX names be GTX 320, 340 ?? It can't go over GTX 360 ?
February 2, 2009 12:53:48 PM

^^
yes only a different arch gets a new name
February 2, 2009 12:55:41 PM

rescawen said:
so 4800 - 4900 - 5800 etc?

not 4800 - 5800 :D 

what will the next GTX names be GTX 320, 340 ?? It can't go over GTX 360 ?

they add another jump here :pt1cable: 
the HD4000 are popular now so why not ..
4300 ,4400, 4500, 4600 , 4700 , 4800 , 4900 . :pt1cable: 
February 2, 2009 1:33:41 PM

salem80 said:
because 5 include DX11 .
if HD4995X2(if this it name) come out soon say goodbye to GTX295 . :hello: 

LOL we'll see, ATI is currently getting man handled by their crappy drivers. SOooo we'll see what these cards will do.

Its stupid how instead of supporting current generation cards, they choose to screw the consumer and move on. The 4870 X2 still has its on little flaws, Quad fire is like flipping and coin, and the 4850 X2 just came out, and I haven;'t heard anything about it's support.

Ati needs to reclaim the worthy driver market, not the GPU crown.

Thats My opinion...looks like my 4870 X2 is about ready to be thrown out the window.

GG Ati...honestly I don't like Nvidia stupid naming and rebranding and refresh (which is much like what ATI is doing now) but atleast their drivers deliver, and are basically monthly compared to ATIs guess and check drivers.
February 2, 2009 3:38:36 PM

Haven't tried, too lazy to try it.

If i put the 280 GTX in, I have to take all of them out to that one out:p 
February 2, 2009 3:47:46 PM

L1qu1d said:
I don't like Nvidia stupid naming and rebranding and refresh (which is much like what ATI is doing now)

That's a bit of a stretch, with ATI there are new cards with different GPUs being released. Nvidia just took the exact same card and gave it a new name, except for the 9600GT, the only original 9 series card.

Supposedly ATI's new HD4900 cards will have more stream processors (840 vs 800 now) as well as more TMUs. So it's not just a die shrink (according to rumors anyway).
February 2, 2009 3:59:18 PM

That wasn't my main argument, and that sounds alot like the Sp 192-216. If they are only increasing it by 40....I don't see much coming from the card, though the TMUs might help.

I still think they should be concentrating on some decent drivers for a change, rather than making ppl regret buying its previous series.

We need a single GPU based card, that can perform well, instead of all this idiotic dual GPU cards selection
February 2, 2009 4:48:29 PM

I expect clockspeed will be the difference between 4800 and 4900. That, or they're just going to phase out the 4800's (like Nvidia's GTX260 -> 260-216)

As for re-naming, I don't mind it. Kinda reminds me of the 8800-> 9800 switch, but they're not adding a thousand, just one hundred.

Though the ATI Radeon HD 4995 X2 sounds dumber than anything I've heard in quite some time..... unless its on a 32nm process, but I'm sure that's not the case.
February 2, 2009 5:15:18 PM

L1qu1d said:

Thats My opinion...looks like my 4870 X2 is about ready to be thrown out the window.

Don't throw it out the window, send it to me. I have one shipping today that's a warranty replacement for a 3870x2 that died after 11 1/2 months. :wahoo: 

I'm sorry about your issues. I might experience them too. It all depends on what games one plays. Benchies I've noted show ATI and Nvidia neck and neck at particular price points with only major driver issues for either company in one or two games.

The guys who write drivers for ATI and Nvidia don't work on their die shrinks. There also has to be support from the game developers. I play LOTRO and it really does not support either Crossfire or SLI all that well. The full power of the 4870x2 will be in Fallout 3 and Mass Effect, as well as replaying The Witcher and Oblivion.

To the OP;

This is a die shrink of the 4xxx series. It should show some improvements in thermals and might have higher clocks. We'll see. I do know that I was seriously disappointed that a sub $200 4850 equaled the 3870x2 I'd bought five months before without Crossfire issues. Now, I don't expect a sub $200 card to equal the 4870x2, but if ATI works a bit more on Crossfire, then the 4995x2 should be a very nice 40nm revision.

February 3, 2009 2:02:09 AM

L1qu1d said:
LOL we'll see, ATI is currently getting man handled by their crappy drivers. SOooo we'll see what these cards will do.

Its stupid how instead of supporting current generation cards, they choose to screw the consumer and move on. The 4870 X2 still has its on little flaws, Quad fire is like flipping and coin, and the 4850 X2 just came out, and I haven;'t heard anything about it's support.

GG Ati...honestly I don't like Nvidia stupid naming and rebranding and refresh (which is much like what ATI is doing now) but atleast their drivers deliver, and are basically monthly compared to ATIs guess and check drivers.

In all the discussions you've been in this is the first time I've heard that you have had problems with your 4870 X2. Honestly my 4870 X2 is the best dual GPU card I've ever used. The 3870 X2 was horrendous, the 9800 GX2 was almost as bad, but the 4870 X2 doesn't give me any more problems than a regular SLI or crossfire setup. The only time the onboard crossfire wont work is when I'm already getting 100s of FPS so I don't complain. I did find that tweaking the settings in CCC for some games relieved difficulties. The most notable was the crashing in Fallout 3, but was fixed by forcing AA instead of using it in game.

You don't think the 4995 X2 will beat the GTX 295? all the GTX 295 is 2 overclocked GTX 260s smashed together while the 4995 X2 will be 2 overclocked 4870s smashed together. Sounds close to me.

Actually the biggest driver problem I have ever had was trying to SLI 2 8800 GTS 512s, I had to skip one of the official drivers because that particular one BSOD all day long. Drivers seem to be pretty bad on both sides, but you never hear about nVidia's driver troubles...
February 3, 2009 2:11:59 AM

L1qu1d -

Quote:

I wasnt aware the 4000 series had driver issues. Sounds like an isolated issue to me.

Quote:

Its stupid how instead of supporting current generation cards, they choose to screw the consumer and move on. The 4870 X2 still has its on little flaws, Quad fire is like flipping and coin,

How is this any different from Nvidia and tri-SLi? Please..

Quote:

and the 4850 X2 just came out, and I haven;'t heard anything about it's support.

Thats because the 4850X2 is a propritary card held by Sapphire and Sapphire only, they are responsible for tweaking the drivers to work for their card.

Dont act so threatened by a new release.
February 3, 2009 2:24:25 AM

Nvidia's tri sli doesn't have the scaling issues that quad sli and fire have:) 

Please if your going to route for a company try not being a fanboy. The drivers were direct at anything above 2 gpus for ati.

Nvidia can't scale 4 gpus, but they can atleast do 3 well. Ati needs to bring their drivers to order and then start dealing out higher powered cards.

I don't threaten over anything you kno why? theres something known as selling your cards and moving onto the next:) 

And don't try and tell me that tri doesn't scale better than quad over all:) .

I'm not putting down ATi at all, infact we need both comapnies, but I just don't think it taking lessons from Nvidia and jumping in a quick release, a nother G92b...they should be making the next innovation. This isn't innovation, this is quick things slapped together.

Its like seeing a bum on the street (Nvidia) and a buisnessman (ATI). You expect the bum to steal, but now the businessman is learning from the bum and stealing?

Oh yeah 1 more thing, don't direct your comments to a particular user if you have nothign to say.

Thank you.

These cards will do nothing, and the ppl with the 4 series will get screwed just like the early 200 series owners got screwed because of the refreshes...going to be hard to sli a 280 or 260 in the near future.

Wait for DX 11 cards:D  unless theres a free upgrade;)
February 3, 2009 2:33:44 AM

I was pointing out the fallacies in your post, that simple. Ill direct it to who I want when I want. Also I mentioned nothing about scaling of any type at all so I dont even know or care how youve brought that up, whatever. Ive used 3 different HD4000 cards from 3 different brands with no driver issues, yet youve used a 4870X2 and had problems apparently, so its all of a sudden an epidemic? Both companies have their own little driver issues.

Fanboism has nothing to do with it, and im not ROOTING for any company. Ive owned twice as many Nvidia cards as ive owned ATI cards.

Dont act so defensive like im trying to beat up on you all the time, its nothing personal obviously. I dont want ovaltine to show up and "save" you again. :D 

February 3, 2009 2:41:07 AM

What you pointed is a waste of time.

Indeed I wasnt specific about the drivers, what I meant was scaling issues with the drivers. And you mention drivers for tri sli, which is scaling.

Frankly I'm happy these are coming out, I mean it will bring prices down again and maybe I can afford another 285 GTX:) 

Although I am interested in seeing how cheap the ATI. I wouldn`t mind switching back, since my fav card was the 1950 XT and the 9500 pro.

We need more cards that can be softmoded:D 

I decided to change the convo seeing none of us have any information to prove or disprove the next series.
February 3, 2009 4:12:30 AM

ATI should work on their shader clock and drivers. Also improve their physics engine and nvidia has nothing to say :D 
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2009 4:40:14 AM

First of all, there is seperate drivers for the 4850x2. Also, the 295 barely beats out the 4870x2 now, let alone if they release something like this, ATI wins big time. Since you claim you dont like quadfire http://www.behardware.com/articles/736-7/report-4-radeo...
Whats wrong with it? As for 3 cards in CF, ask antman, and he'll tell you how wrong you are on your comments about scaling for ATI in trifire. Quit with your fanboi kneejerking. If these cards come, itll take back the crown.
As for renaming it to 5xxx, thats something nVidia would do, when its only a die shrink with tweaks, hell, nVidia did that even without any of that, so dont complain about what most people see as the proper way to name a product, as in, keeping it all withing the same gen, 4xxx, instead of acting likes its a new one, like nVidia does
February 3, 2009 4:43:18 AM

I hear that nvidia 40nm gpu's should be showing up in q2 2009, It will be interesting to see how they compare. Anyone heard any more details on nvidia 40nm?
also, I'm not sure when dx11 is set to come out, but I heard that was something nvidia might be waiting on to release 40nm.
February 3, 2009 4:47:23 AM

rescawen said:
ATI should work on their shader clock and drivers. Also improve their physics engine and nvidia has nothing to say :D 

ati should work on their outdated 256 bit memory bus width. and the physics engine I totally agree on. as far as their shader clock, its amazing how 216 nvidia shaders do more than 800 of ati's
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2009 5:01:18 AM

ATI has a different shader than nVidia does, and those 800 shaders actually take up less die space than those 216 nVidia shaders do. Read up on it.
As for the outdated 256 bus, wont you be surprised when nVidia also goes to 256, after finally catching up to ATI, and using GDDR5. 512 bit bus is OLD, not new, and probably wont be seen again in amy iteration of gpu
February 3, 2009 5:45:04 AM

febisfebi said:
ati should work on their outdated 256 bit memory bus width.

Not really, ATI actually had a 512bit bus before Nvidia did (HD2900XT). They ended up going back to 256bit because it was a waste of money, power and die space. With GDDR5 a 256bit bus provides the same bandwidth as a 512bit bus with GDDR3 anyway. For ATI memory bandwidth has not been a problem.

febisfebi said:
and the physics engine I totally agree on.

If both ATI and Nvidia each have their own physics standard then the industry is screwed. Either Nvidia should open up PhysX to ATI or they should use a more standardized physics engine (havok).

febisfebi said:
as far as their shader clock, its amazing how 216 nvidia shaders do more than 800 of ati's

ATI and Nvidia have vastly different architectures, the shader clock and the number of shaders are pretty much meaningless.
February 3, 2009 9:58:16 AM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
First of all, there is seperate drivers for the 4850x2. Also, the 295 barely beats out the 4870x2 now, let alone if they release something like this, ATI wins big time. Since you claim you dont like quadfire http://www.behardware.com/articles/736-7/report-4-radeo...
Whats wrong with it? As for 3 cards in CF, ask antman, and he'll tell you how wrong you are on your comments about scaling for ATI in trifire. Quit with your fanboi kneejerking. If these cards come, itll take back the crown.
As for renaming it to 5xxx, thats something nVidia would do, when its only a die shrink with tweaks, hell, nVidia did that even without any of that, so dont complain about what most people see as the proper way to name a product, as in, keeping it all withing the same gen, 4xxx, instead of acting likes its a new one, like nVidia does

PERFORMANCE RECAP

http://www.behardware.com/articles/736-15/report-4-rade...

Thats from the site you posted. Because of Ati's driver? OMg really?

Also look around for more sites:)  this is just 1:D 

Fanboy? Dude remember your old posts? Remember when you were neutral? Now your defending your gf ATI:D  If you look at some of your posts from Oct, they were respectable. For shame Jaydee:) 

Your going to use Nvidia's renaming scheme for this to win? Come on no matter what they name the cards doesn't change the fact that ppl are screwed, I meana 4870 X2 owner now can expect no more drivers and be phased out by the revisioned gpu. Its like the 280 owners and 285 gtx. Try finding a 4870 X2 to quad fire 6 months from now if these cards come out:) 

I think I'm about done with these forums, THG has become and ATI forum rather than running on logic. Some of the dumbest arguments when choosing a Video card based on the Company's intensions.

Learn to love life and accept that neither company is thinking about you saving your money. From now on I'm just going to say your right. I don't want to hurt any1's feelings;)

Good day
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2009 10:29:50 AM

Im sorry you feel that way, but its you saying eol for drivers for these cards, its you saying we need single cored gpus, its you saying they should name them the 5xxx series, and slamming ATI along the way.

ATI has plans for multi core gpus, and thats the way it is, from now on. Dont compare them to nVidia because nVidia has dropped support for the old 7xxxX2 and the 98x2, because , like you, they want single cored gpus, and ignore their x2 products it seems. ATIs perogitive is to use these x2 solutions for high end, and you complain about it, while if you actually think about it, it has to be the future, regardless. 2 examples are the 295 and the 98x2. nVidia, even tho they "hate" doing this, knows they cant compete on the highend unless they make them.

Now, it appears you side with nVidia when it comes to x2 solutions/thoughts, thats fine, but yet you still use sli. I give you a link to show that trifire works great, and mentioned a user here, and his results were great as well, yet you slam ATI, even when I try to show you different, and complain for only 1 source, and have nothing to say about a user thats having fun with his 4850x2 and 4850 in trifire. Theyre all oceed, and very nicely, again, supposedly nVidia ocees higher, but check out his link and his findings. Youve been on a negative spin against ATI for awhile, which is ok, but I point it out, and you blow up. I give sources, its not enough. If youre going to slam ATI, I guess you may expect someone with some links/knowledge to refute you, and the same for nVidia, as far as that goes
February 3, 2009 11:03:05 AM

I use Sli becaue I'm an enthusiast, I don't use it cuz I make love to it.

I'm just saying that alot of the ppl of the forum are hypocrits, and I'm just trying to be the pain the butt when they wake up. they look at ATI as such a heaven company, yet they don't acknoledge the mistakes both companies have made, and are making. Yet when Nvidia comes ppl are complaining about their rebranding which really I don't care about seeing as idiots can decrease the price of items.

If your dumb enough to buy a revision card, such as 9800 GT which offers nearly nill to your reasoning other than its the best, then you deserve to be tricked.

There are also times when ppl would go for the extra mile and pay for 1-3% performance increase or 5 or w.e amount, just so they can say..."well I have that over the original"

Yet when ATI does, and doesn't add naming to it, its like they did somethign different.

Wake up.

I'm not slamming ATI, i'm just saying that it took 6 MONTHS to get the cards to be stable, now apperently with 9.1, yet you had the balls to tell me that Nvidia doesn't have montly releases come on. Atleast be an informed fanboy, if your going to be one.

I don't consider myself a fanboy, I consider myself the devil's advocate. I don't like it when ppl like a company over the other just for spite. I like Nvidia over ati because I like raw power, and not P/P. But that doesn't settle my marriage to the company.

And with that I'm done here.

Ati's solution to use x2 products is stupid. No offence to any1 married to that. BUt I personally would prefer no screen tearing, no driver dependancies.

Remember what sli was really meant for. Extending life. As an enthusiast I'd rather have the 1 card for power, and the other 2 to make myself feel better. NOt 1 card to suffer, and an extra to boost my ability to play.

ALso no1 caught on to Nvidia's name scheme with the 295 GTX, they didn't use GX2 to trick ppl into thinking it was single...but it didn't trick you guys;).
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2009 1:42:31 PM

First of all, this is speculation. The only new nVidia product out is..... the 295 since May. Thereve been name changes galore, shrinks and tweaks, but only 1 card since May. Maybe if theyd release more than 3 cards in almost a year theyd find it tougher to make newer drivers for all of them, and Im not counting low end in this.

Even the standard complaint from you is reading like its from an nVidia fan, its those darn drivers. You mentioned this before, and surprised many people by your complaints, since its been the only thing nVidia has to look forward to, because they havnt been releasing new cards, and even then, I and others claimed a driver release shouldnt make that much difference. Wishing and hoping isnt as good as having new cards, as you know. This is just again, speculation, and youre all fired up, tearing at ATI, their drivers etc, yet its only speculation here.
If ATI releases something thats only 5-10% better, I can see your point, and wouldnt bother unless I could get a deal like what you got, but again, this is all speculation, and making claims about performance at this stage isnt something to get worked up about. Its also something not to get worked up about if youre not even using ATI cards, and all cards have their own problems anyways, whether its nVidia or ATI, as far as drivers go, but to bring it up in a speculation post, it doesnt look good.
We will see what both companies have coming, and then we will see how they perform, and how much theyll cost etc, and basically we will see what we always do, which is worth our money, and which arent, just dont go getting carried away by all this, as Im sure thingsll change before we see these cards come out
February 3, 2009 1:46:09 PM

I've been right before:) 
February 3, 2009 1:50:07 PM

L1qu1d, yu take life so seriously... its human nature to have Brand Loyalty its the backbone of the economic theory for Elasticity of Demand... i think we all need to chill out a bit and have a group hug :) !
February 3, 2009 2:09:24 PM

Human nature has nothing to do with its, its called ignorance, so then we should all be racist? Likin 1 brand?

The only reason I'm arguing is because if you talked to Jaydee 4 months ago he was neutral...then he decided to hop on 1 train instead of using his transfer:) 

You need to mix it up:)  Thats why I have 1 4870 x2 in my secondary, so no1 says squat:D 

BTw

I didn't suprise any1, remember how you said that 8.12 and 9.1 were going to improve so much? K no lol

They improved stability and thats it, maybe a frame here or 2. The only thing I've seen a great improvement in drivers is the hotfix. Thats it.
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2009 2:26:17 PM

Ummm, youre wrong there. The 8.12 hotfix included many improvements, or hadnt you noticed? Theres several benches out on them, showing how the lower fps are better on the x2 vs the 295 alone, and theres others as well, and yes, they also did some stability issues with them as well.
I favor ATI, cant say I dont, but Im not blind,ignorant,fanboyish, and i tend to call a spade a spade. Who makes the fastest single? nVidia, hands down. Does that bother me? No. So, go back, and read those reviews showing the improvements made bt the 8.12 hotfix, which are ultimately the 9.1, sans a few fixes
February 3, 2009 2:47:35 PM

If you re read my post, I stated that the hotfix did show the most improvements of the drivers....do you read my posts?

"The only thing I've seen a great improvement in drivers is the hotfix. Thats it. "
February 3, 2009 3:26:24 PM

Dekasav said:
I expect clockspeed will be the difference between 4800 and 4900. That, or they're just going to phase out the 4800's (like Nvidia's GTX260 -> 260-216)

As for re-naming, I don't mind it. Kinda reminds me of the 8800-> 9800 switch, but they're not adding a thousand, just one hundred.

Though the ATI Radeon HD 4995 X2 sounds dumber than anything I've heard in quite some time..... unless its on a 32nm process, but I'm sure that's not the case.

apparently the 4870 has some extra shaders that are there for redundancy and ati are going to use them on the 4995, nineteen or 29 i think, so not just clock speed, plus its all just speculation at the moment
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2009 6:55:17 PM

Interesting - it appears that some people need new keyboards. I think the caps lock key may be broken...
February 3, 2009 7:09:26 PM

L1qu1d you say how you hate it when people ignore 1 companies faults and focus on another companies faults instead. Well... from my experience ATI and nVidia are both lagging behind in drivers and I have even had more problems with nVidia drivers lately than ATI drivers. Driver problems vary and will always do so. Performance has increased a lot over the older drivers, ATI just seems to be favoring more incremental driver updates that are half the time useless than full updates with broken BETA versions like nVidia. Remember the BETA driver required to be able to play Far Cry 2 at all with SLI enabled? I had to install those drivers and I lost huge amounts of performance in Fallout 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare. The subsequent official driver release has fixed that but ever since then the new drivers have made enabling SLI and not crashing in elder scrolls 4: Oblivion impossible.

I'm not saying that my 4870 X2 hasn't had some problems before, fallout 3 was riddled with memory leaks until a hotfix came out. Call of Duty World at War had some texture problems until another update.

Don't try telling us that ATI drivers are crap and leave out nVidia's crap drivers. The drivers coming from both companies are unacceptable at this point and experiences do vary a lot so naming one the worst is not possible. Going from my experience I would say nVidia is worse at this point, but you say that ATI is worse. Neither of us are wrong, our experiences are just plain different. There are too many possible problems with drivers to totally cure a problem for either company.

Jaydee seemed to be a little biased towards Phenom 2 recently, but newer reports proved him at least partially correct. With easier overclocking and price reductions Phenom 2 has now become a contender for the Q6600 and Q9400 respectively, a position that was not held earlier.
February 3, 2009 8:11:06 PM

L1qu1d, you bash buying pointless revision cards, yet you just ditched THREE GTX 280s for THREE GTX 285s. Regardless if you payed for them or not, the logic still applies.
February 3, 2009 8:17:12 PM

When can I expect any of these cards to come out??
February 3, 2009 9:17:34 PM

Somewhere around Q2-Q4 2009 I am guessing.
February 3, 2009 9:43:00 PM

The HD 4900 series sounds interesting, but I will keep my HD 4850 until Ati's DX 11 cards come out. I'm not made out of money, hehehe.
February 3, 2009 10:13:08 PM

Glacier said:
The HD 4900 series sounds interesting, but I will keep my HD 4850 until Ati's DX 11 cards come out. I'm not made out of money, hehehe.

Ditto. My 4850 is fine, infact im buying another to crossfire in a week or so. My IceQ 4 is down to $160.
February 3, 2009 10:58:57 PM

spathotan said:
L1qu1d, you bash buying pointless revision cards, yet you just ditched THREE GTX 280s for THREE GTX 285s. Regardless if you payed for them or not, the logic still applies.

I sold 1 280 GTX (going to) traded 2? Where is the 3rd 285 GTX comming from? That was just E-penis, I only need 1.

Logic doesn't apply if you don't pay. AT all.

Lets say you want to go for another job and it pays 10% more, would you do an extra year in college for that 10%? Some wouldn't. What if you can get that 10% with out the extra? You say no:)  Ofc you'd be giving up a luxury like I did the 280 GTX, lets say a company car, but if you never use it:)  Theres no loss:D  Or if you get a down payment back (which can count for a sold 280 gtx):D 

Oh yes, I'm not bashing them, I'm just venting. Both companies are doing it now, but only 1 looks evil:)  I'm not trying make either company win, I'm just playing the complaint game.

Sorry is 1.8% better:D ?

Are you done?:) 

P.S

Iceq 4850 is a good card, my friend has it, it cools ALOT better than the regular 4850s. I was looking for 1 for my gfs computer, how well do you think this card might do in a very poor ventilated room, (computer is a Sony Vaio) 1 fan leading outside. She only plays sims 2 and spore and stuff.
February 3, 2009 11:01:04 PM

Considering it idles at 32c and never hits 45c under a max load, it will do fine. At 100% fan speed I cant hear it over case fans.
February 3, 2009 11:17:17 PM

that shouldn't be a problem, its just that her room has not air circulation, and what ever air gets in is through her window which points towards a closed balcony (obviously windows of the balcony can be opened).

And the Case is meant for quiet. So it only has 1 low running fan.
February 3, 2009 11:19:47 PM

The fan is dead silent at around 30%, even at 50-70% i cant hear it. Temps at 50% are around 40c idle, still way...way under what the reference cooler does. This cooler is extremely efficient in cooling and sound, its worth the extra money.

I might even say it could help with case ventilation considering it will pull and blow out the back.
February 3, 2009 11:27:13 PM

lol it needs it, its a p4, but I'm going to grab her a dual core soon.
February 3, 2009 11:36:24 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
First of all, this is speculation. The only new nVidia product out is..... the 295 since May. Thereve been name changes galore, shrinks and tweaks, but only 1 card since May. Maybe if theyd release more than 3 cards in almost a year theyd find it tougher to make newer drivers for all of them, and Im not counting low end in this.

Even the standard complaint from you is reading like its from an nVidia fan, its those darn drivers. You mentioned this before, and surprised many people by your complaints, since its been the only thing nVidia has to look forward to, because they havnt been releasing new cards, and even then, I and others claimed a driver release shouldnt make that much difference. Wishing and hoping isnt as good as having new cards, as you know. This is just again, speculation, and youre all fired up, tearing at ATI, their drivers etc, yet its only speculation here.
If ATI releases something thats only 5-10% better, I can see your point, and wouldnt bother unless I could get a deal like what you got, but again, this is all speculation, and making claims about performance at this stage isnt something to get worked up about. Its also something not to get worked up about if youre not even using ATI cards, and all cards have their own problems anyways, whether its nVidia or ATI, as far as drivers go, but to bring it up in a speculation post, it doesnt look good.
We will see what both companies have coming, and then we will see how they perform, and how much theyll cost etc, and basically we will see what we always do, which is worth our money, and which arent, just dont go getting carried away by all this, as Im sure thingsll change before we see these cards come out

personally I would prefer to have only 3 real new cards released every year with small revisions in between, and have them supported, than have whole card revamped every couple months like ati seems to do. They are constantly trying to regain the "crown" and throw together a new product every time they are beat. I'm not partial to either company btw, I am considering cards right now from both companies. I just think nvidia's product release schedule is more aimed at helping the consumer get and maintain good value in their video cards, and ati just wants to release new cards all the time to people who will but them the second they come out because they have to constantly have the best.
!