Can't install Java

I have XP. When I get to a page that requires java, I get
the "need Java install page" and I follow the directions -
but never works. I have installed, removed, etc, but still
I cant get anything with java to work. Any ideas on how to
correct?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about install java

    Greetings --

    As the result of a lawsuit by Sun Microsystems, and the ensuing
    settlement, Microsoft was not allowed to provide its own Java Virtual
    Machine to Windows XP users. You can get almost the same
    functionality by downloading Sun's version of Java from
    http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html. If you want the broader
    capabilities of Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine, it is still
    available from a lot of 3rd-party web sites, some of which are listed
    here: http://www.java-virtual-machine.net/download.html.

    If you do choose the Microsoft JVM, be sure to visit Windows
    Update to apply a needed security patch.

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-011.asp
    (Prevents the Trojan.ByteVerify issue)

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    "Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have XP. When I get to a page that requires java, I get
    > the "need Java install page" and I follow the directions -
    > but never works. I have installed, removed, etc, but still
    > I cant get anything with java to work. Any ideas on how to
    > correct?
    >
    > Thanks

    Bruce,

    Thanks for the help. I was able to install it and get
    everything working again. FINALLY!! Thanks again for the
    speedy reply and great help.
    Jack

    Greetings --

    You're welcome.

    Bruce Chambers

    --

    > Bruce,
    >
    > Thanks for the help. I was able to install it and get
    > everything working again. FINALLY!! Thanks again for the
    > speedy reply and great help.
    > Jack

Configuration Java Microsoft Windows XP