Can't install Java

April 18, 2004 3:11:05 PM

I have XP. When I get to a page that requires java, I get
the "need Java install page" and I follow the directions -
but never works. I have installed, removed, etc, but still
I cant get anything with java to work. Any ideas on how to
correct?

Thanks

More about : install java

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 4:46:50 PM

Greetings --

As the result of a lawsuit by Sun Microsystems, and the ensuing
settlement, Microsoft was not allowed to provide its own Java Virtual
Machine to Windows XP users. You can get almost the same
functionality by downloading Sun's version of Java from
http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html. If you want the broader
capabilities of Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine, it is still
available from a lot of 3rd-party web sites, some of which are listed
here: http://www.java-virtual-machine.net/download.html.

If you do choose the Microsoft JVM, be sure to visit Windows
Update to apply a needed security patch.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011
http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms...
(Prevents the Trojan.ByteVerify issue)

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP. When I get to a page that requires java, I get
> the "need Java install page" and I follow the directions -
> but never works. I have installed, removed, etc, but still
> I cant get anything with java to work. Any ideas on how to
> correct?
>
> Thanks
April 18, 2004 4:46:51 PM

Bruce,

Thanks for the help. I was able to install it and get
everything working again. FINALLY!! Thanks again for the
speedy reply and great help.
Jack

011.asp
>(Prevents the Trojan.ByteVerify issue)
>

>Bruce Chambers
>
>--
>Help us help you:
>http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>

>You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
count on
>having both at once. -- RAH
>

>"Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I have XP. When I get to a page that requires java, I get
>> the "need Java install page" and I follow the
directions -
>> but never works. I have installed, removed, etc, but
still
>> I cant get anything with java to work. Any ideas on how
>> correct?
>>
>> Thanks
>

>.

Anonymous