Sign in with
Your question

Hauppage HVR-1600 won't show up in Vista Media Center

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 2, 2009 1:41:23 PM

I have a Hauppage HVR-1600 and have had mixed results with it. vista Media Center detects the card when I ask it to automatically set it up, it says digital antenna; which is correct. When I go to "live tv" however, it says "No Tuner found." That is my biggest problem.

I made sure there are no other programs open that would interfere with it, I've made sure all of the services with windows media center were started and they all are. I also uninstalled the card, cleared all the drivers with the hauppage tool to do so, and reinstalled the latest ones.

I have heard the card doesn't like more than 3gb of ram so I pulled my ram out except for the 3gb and it still doesn't work in media center.

Also, using the included WinTV software it records just fine; but when I watch it live the audio stutters every 10 seconds or so. I have a Q6600, 4gb (well, 3gb now) and an 8800gts g92. What could be causing this?
February 8, 2009 1:31:51 AM

I tried 1600, 1800, and now I'm using 2250 from hauppage. I returned the 1st 2.

For hauppage tuner to work for Media Center you need to load the drivers. When Vista-64 look for the driver i guided it to the installation disk. The OS loaded it and when i run media center you have to go throiugh set-up steps including detection of tuner, type of connection, signal detection....the whole 9 yards before you can actually watch a TV show.

Our hardware is almost identical so it should work...
!