Cpu won't boot up

nate1554

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I was reading something on my computer when my computer completely frooze up I hit the restart button and now it won't boot back up I get no system beeps nothing.

Since then I have taken everything out my computer except the processor unplugged the hard drives removed the battery for a while and still nothing no beeps nothing.

1. It's your computer that doesn't boot up. Not the CPU. ;)

2. Your PSU or motherboard is probably dead. Test your PSU. (Jump green wire to any black; if PSU your motherboard is likely dead).

3. Also did you plug every thing back right? 4pin CPU power plugged in?

nate1554

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Yes I plugged everything in correctly. I will try testing my PSU. Computer is only 14 months old. I replaced this one with my last one that did pretty much the same thing except for last time I turned it off this time i was in the middle of using it and it froze.

nate1554

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I just tried a different PSU and it wouldn't even turn on last time i used this psu was over a year ago and has been sitting my closest ever since but it worked fine back then.

pat

Expert
if you want to send me you old processor, I will be happy to send it to AMD for warranty replacement.

It is very rare to see CPU going bad. The only one I've see is an old P4, but I'm sure that either it was the motherboard or the PSU that kill it.

MAybe a short or an assembly error may have cause the trouble..