sims 2

when i start the game i have some problem.
it said:''cd/dvd emulation software has founded, disable it and restart the
game.do you know what should i do.
thank you.
9 answers Last reply
More about sims

    NEMAnix schrieb:
    > when i start the game i have some problem.
    > it said:''cd/dvd emulation software has founded, disable it and restart the
    > game.do you know what should i do.
    > thank you.

    Disable or remove your cd/dvd emulation software. I don't know what you
    have installed. It might be "Alcohol 120%". I heard that CloneCD causes
    this error as well, but I can't confirm that.

    Definitely Clone causes this error. I had clone and Nero. In theory all you
    have to do is remove the drive emulator portions, but I actually ended up
    formatting the HD - well it was time anyway as I took the opportunity to do
    a clean install of XP where I had only had 98SE before - in order to clean
    all of whatever was causing the report. It didn't work when I just
    uninstalled all of my CD emulating and burning software. I haven't dared put
    Clone back in - but Nero is running fine and not upsetting Sims2 at all

    MM

    "Manuel" <shark2006_de@yahoo.de> wrote in message
    > NEMAnix schrieb:
    > > when i start the game i have some problem.
    > > it said:''cd/dvd emulation software has founded, disable it and restart
    the
    > > game.do you know what should i do.
    > > thank you.
    > >

    > Disable or remove your cd/dvd emulation software. I don't know what you
    > have installed. It might be "Alcohol 120%". I heard that CloneCD causes
    > this error as well, but I can't confirm that.

    I am feeling very angry with Maxis. What right have they got dictating to
    propel about what software you should have on your pc or not have. What use
    is a writer on a pc without?

    I refused to be dictated to by Maxis and I do have installed all the
    formioned writing software and two drive images. But I have had to find my
    own way round Maxis software protection.

    I do realize why Maxis feal the need to protect their software, but this
    time they have gone too far.

    Paul.

    > Definitely Clone causes this error. I had clone and Nero. In theory all
    you
    > have to do is remove the drive emulator portions, but I actually ended up
    > formatting the HD - well it was time anyway as I took the opportunity to
    do
    > a clean install of XP where I had only had 98SE before - in order to clean
    > all of whatever was causing the report. It didn't work when I just
    > uninstalled all of my CD emulating and burning software. I haven't dared
    put
    > Clone back in - but Nero is running fine and not upsetting Sims2 at all
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Manuel" <shark2006_de@yahoo.de> wrote in message
    > > NEMAnix schrieb:
    > > > when i start the game i have some problem.
    > > > it said:''cd/dvd emulation software has founded, disable it and
    restart
    > the
    > > > game.do you know what should i do.
    > > > thank you.
    > > >

    > > Disable or remove your cd/dvd emulation software. I don't know what you
    > > have installed. It might be "Alcohol 120%". I heard that CloneCD causes
    > > this error as well, but I can't confirm that.

    Sheeez, lighten up!
    Just don't use clone. Daemon's tools work just as well and they are
    free.................sheez!
    Guess you won't be getting University since you are so angry at maxis, eh?
    :P

    "Paul" <paul.cominscoch@XSblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I am feeling very angry with Maxis. What right have they got dictating to
    > propel about what software you should have on your pc or not have. What
    use
    > is a writer on a pc without?
    >
    > I refused to be dictated to by Maxis and I do have installed all the
    > formioned writing software and two drive images. But I have had to find my
    > own way round Maxis software protection.
    >
    > I do realize why Maxis feal the need to protect their software, but this
    > time they have gone too far.
    >
    > Paul.
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > Definitely Clone causes this error. I had clone and Nero. In theory all
    > you
    > > have to do is remove the drive emulator portions, but I actually ended
    up
    > > formatting the HD - well it was time anyway as I took the opportunity to
    > do
    > > a clean install of XP where I had only had 98SE before - in order to
    clean
    > > all of whatever was causing the report. It didn't work when I just
    > > uninstalled all of my CD emulating and burning software. I haven't dared
    > put
    > > Clone back in - but Nero is running fine and not upsetting Sims2 at all
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Manuel" <shark2006_de@yahoo.de> wrote in message
    > restart
    > > the
    > > > >

    > > > Disable or remove your cd/dvd emulation software. I don't know what
    you
    > > > have installed. It might be "Alcohol 120%". I heard that CloneCD
    causes
    > > > this error as well, but I can't confirm that.

    That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your right, I
    won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too old!
    Ha Ha.

    Paul.

    > That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your right,
    > won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too
    old!
    > Ha Ha.
    >
    > Paul.

    Oops. Sorry my fault. I see what you mean. University, Sims 2 University! Ha
    Ha.

    I can't go there ether! Ha Ha.

    It's ok I love Sims 2. Don't get me wrong.

    And yes, I also use Daemon Tools. An excellent choice.

    Paul wrote:

    > That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your right, I
    > won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too old!
    > Ha Ha.

    You are never too old to learn something new.

    One of these days, I'm going back for the joy of going back.

    Not dorm life though-I'm skipping that!

    -georg

    > Paul wrote:
    >
    > > That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your
    right, I
    > > won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too
    old!
    > > Ha Ha.
    >
    > You are never too old to learn something new.
    >
    > One of these days, I'm going back for the joy of going back.
    >
    > Not dorm life though-I'm skipping that!
    >
    > -georg
    No, No, No! I use my old age as an excuse not to go to University because
    Sims 2 takes up nearly all my time. He He.

    Yes your right, you are never too old to learn something new. Thank you for
    reminding me -georg.

    You're right about life too. But don't Sims 2 change all that for you?

    Paul.

    Paul wrote:

    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Paul wrote:
    >>

    >>>That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your
    >
    > right, I
    >
    >>>won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too
    >
    > old!
    >
    >>>Ha Ha.
    >>
    >>You are never too old to learn something new.
    >>
    >>One of these days, I'm going back for the joy of going back.
    >>
    >>Not dorm life though-I'm skipping that!
    >>
    >>-georg
    >
    > No, No, No! I use my old age as an excuse not to go to University because
    > Sims 2 takes up nearly all my time. He He.
    >
    > Yes your right, you are never too old to learn something new. Thank you for
    > reminding me -georg.
    >
    > You're right about life too. But don't Sims 2 change all that for you?
    >
    > Paul.

    I'm not sure if I want to deal with dorm life in the Sims, honestly. The
    expansion appeals because of unlimited stories, and more objects and
    things to play with.

    I used to be an EverCrack addict. I two-boxed a cleric and and a necro
    to the elemental planes... I still can't believe I haven't logged on in
    a while and had the strength to cancel. What I do with the Sims is far
    far less obsessive. :)

    -georg

Sims Games Video Games