sims 2

when i start the game i have some problem.
it said:''cd/dvd emulation software has founded, disable it and restart the
game.do you know what should i do.
thank you.

Manuel

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

NEMAnix schrieb:
> when i start the game i have some problem.
> it said:''cd/dvd emulation software has founded, disable it and restart the
> game.do you know what should i do.
> thank you.

Disable or remove your cd/dvd emulation software. I don't know what you
have installed. It might be "Alcohol 120%". I heard that CloneCD causes
this error as well, but I can't confirm that.

Definitely Clone causes this error. I had clone and Nero. In theory all you
have to do is remove the drive emulator portions, but I actually ended up
formatting the HD - well it was time anyway as I took the opportunity to do
a clean install of XP where I had only had 98SE before - in order to clean
all of whatever was causing the report. It didn't work when I just
uninstalled all of my CD emulating and burning software. I haven't dared put
Clone back in - but Nero is running fine and not upsetting Sims2 at all

MM

"Manuel" <shark2006_de@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> NEMAnix schrieb:
> > when i start the game i have some problem.
> > it said:''cd/dvd emulation software has founded, disable it and restart
the
> > game.do you know what should i do.
> > thank you.
> >

> Disable or remove your cd/dvd emulation software. I don't know what you
> have installed. It might be "Alcohol 120%". I heard that CloneCD causes
> this error as well, but I can't confirm that.

Paul

Splendid

I am feeling very angry with Maxis. What right have they got dictating to
propel about what software you should have on your pc or not have. What use
is a writer on a pc without?

I refused to be dictated to by Maxis and I do have installed all the
formioned writing software and two drive images. But I have had to find my
own way round Maxis software protection.

I do realize why Maxis feal the need to protect their software, but this
time they have gone too far.

Paul.

> Definitely Clone causes this error. I had clone and Nero. In theory all
you
> have to do is remove the drive emulator portions, but I actually ended up
> formatting the HD - well it was time anyway as I took the opportunity to
do
> a clean install of XP where I had only had 98SE before - in order to clean
> all of whatever was causing the report. It didn't work when I just
> uninstalled all of my CD emulating and burning software. I haven't dared
put
> Clone back in - but Nero is running fine and not upsetting Sims2 at all
>
> MM
>

> "Manuel" <shark2006_de@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> > NEMAnix schrieb:
> > > when i start the game i have some problem.
> > > it said:''cd/dvd emulation software has founded, disable it and
restart
> the
> > > game.do you know what should i do.
> > > thank you.
> > >

> > Disable or remove your cd/dvd emulation software. I don't know what you
> > have installed. It might be "Alcohol 120%". I heard that CloneCD causes
> > this error as well, but I can't confirm that.

Sheeez, lighten up!
Just don't use clone. Daemon's tools work just as well and they are
free.................sheez!
Guess you won't be getting University since you are so angry at maxis, eh?
:p

"Paul" <paul.cominscoch@XSblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am feeling very angry with Maxis. What right have they got dictating to
> propel about what software you should have on your pc or not have. What
use
> is a writer on a pc without?
>
> I refused to be dictated to by Maxis and I do have installed all the
> formioned writing software and two drive images. But I have had to find my
> own way round Maxis software protection.
>
> I do realize why Maxis feal the need to protect their software, but this
> time they have gone too far.
>
> Paul.
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Definitely Clone causes this error. I had clone and Nero. In theory all
> you
> > have to do is remove the drive emulator portions, but I actually ended
up
> > formatting the HD - well it was time anyway as I took the opportunity to
> do
> > a clean install of XP where I had only had 98SE before - in order to
clean
> > all of whatever was causing the report. It didn't work when I just
> > uninstalled all of my CD emulating and burning software. I haven't dared
> put
> > Clone back in - but Nero is running fine and not upsetting Sims2 at all
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Manuel" <shark2006_de@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> restart
> > the
> > > >

> > > Disable or remove your cd/dvd emulation software. I don't know what
you
> > > have installed. It might be "Alcohol 120%". I heard that CloneCD
causes
> > > this error as well, but I can't confirm that.

Paul

Splendid

That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your right, I
won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too old!
Ha Ha.

Paul.

> That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your right,
> won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too
old!
> Ha Ha.
>
> Paul.

Oops. Sorry my fault. I see what you mean. University, Sims 2 University! Ha
Ha.

I can't go there ether! Ha Ha.

It's ok I love Sims 2. Don't get me wrong.

And yes, I also use Daemon Tools. An excellent choice.

Paul wrote:

> That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your right, I
> won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too old!
> Ha Ha.

You are never too old to learn something new.

One of these days, I'm going back for the joy of going back.

Not dorm life though-I'm skipping that!

-georg

Paul

Splendid

> Paul wrote:
>
> > That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your
right, I
> > won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too
old!
> > Ha Ha.
>
> You are never too old to learn something new.
>
> One of these days, I'm going back for the joy of going back.
>
> Not dorm life though-I'm skipping that!
>
> -georg
No, No, No! I use my old age as an excuse not to go to University because
Sims 2 takes up nearly all my time. He He.

Yes your right, you are never too old to learn something new. Thank you for
reminding me -georg.

You're right about life too. But don't Sims 2 change all that for you?

Paul.

Paul wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Paul wrote:
>>

>>>That's just it though, I do use both clone Cd and Dvd. And yes your
>
> right, I
>
>>>won't be going to University any time soon or latter. You see, I'm too
>
> old!
>
>>>Ha Ha.
>>
>>You are never too old to learn something new.
>>
>>One of these days, I'm going back for the joy of going back.
>>
>>Not dorm life though-I'm skipping that!
>>
>>-georg
>
> No, No, No! I use my old age as an excuse not to go to University because
> Sims 2 takes up nearly all my time. He He.
>
> Yes your right, you are never too old to learn something new. Thank you for
> reminding me -georg.
>
> You're right about life too. But don't Sims 2 change all that for you?
>
> Paul.

I'm not sure if I want to deal with dorm life in the Sims, honestly. The
expansion appeals because of unlimited stories, and more objects and
things to play with.

I used to be an EverCrack addict. I two-boxed a cleric and and a necro
to the elemental planes... I still can't believe I haven't logged on in
a while and had the strength to cancel. What I do with the Sims is far
far less obsessive. :)

-georg