Watercooling for AMD

G

I'm making a new PC sometime in July. I want to try out watercooling and will get a few graphics cards, a new mobo and a AMD Bulldozer CPU next year.

I already have a monitor (24" 1920 x 1080), mouse, keyboardand Windows 7.

All of my main concers are in bold.

Here is the list of things I am thinking of getting:

Case: Coolermaster HAF X - Looks like an awesome case. Has everything the HAF 932 had, with all of the flaws eredicated.

PSU: 1250W Enermax Revolution85+ - Very high wattage and many SATA connectors. Should be able to power a overclocked Bulldozer and 2 or 3 GPUs.

Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 440 - Exelent CPU for the cost and may have a locked 4th core. How much do you think I'll be able to overclock this?

RAM: G.Skill Trident 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit - I'm not to sure about RAM but this looks pretty good. I'll keep the RAM when I upgrade to Bulldozer.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-US2H - Pretty cheap and has everything I need for the timebeing.

Hard drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Looks fast and good.

Watercooling parts, I'm going with a purple theme as it's my favorite colour :kaola: :

CPU Water block: EK-Supreme HF water block for all socket CPU's - Should work will a Bulldozer and is supposed to be one of the coolest waterblocks.

Pumps: Swiftech MCP355 18w with 3/8'' (10mm) Fitting, Max 22 PSI powered by Molex 4pin - With an aftermarket top this should be the best pump out there.

Fans: 3x Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM 120 X 38mm Cooling Fan - High airflow. (But loud)

Radiators: Hardware Labs Black ICE GT Extreme 360 - Best 360 radiator for high RPM fans, and will fit inside my HAF X.

Reservoirs: Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC - A aftermarket top for the pump with built in resevoir.

Tubing: 2m TFC Purple UV Reactive Tube 3/8" ID - 1/2" OD - I'm not sure how much of it I'll need. How many metres should I get?

Barbs, fittings, zipties: I have no ideas about barbs and fittings, could someone help me?

Coolant: 1l Feser One Fluid - UV Purple for water cooling systems (Non Conductive < 10 ìS) - I don't want to make my own coolant and this is the only purple one. I'm not sure how many litres I'll need though?

UV light: Akasa AK-188-UV Cold cathode UV dual pack - Pretty cheap and easy to install UV lights to make my tubes light up!

i4yue

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
you've failed to mention the GPUs ur gonna use and why are you getting a 3core?

with tubing get around 6ft...just to be safe. if youre going with 3/8ID then your barb size should match that of your tubing.

fittings : get g1/4 size threads and X-inch barbs and with those barbs buy some metal/steel clamps. dont use the plastic ones they usually suk

the amount of coolent will depend on your loop, how much hosinig it has, size of radiator, size of reservoir and other things. get 2liters and you should be good for a long time

remember to get biocide or you're going to have nasties growing in your loop

Hi.

1- If u want a Quad core, buy it.
2- U should get a better mobo since u plan OC and Crossfire.
3- IMO u don't need a LCS unless that u want OC the CPU above 4.2GHz and bear in mind that u also need the LCS for the GPUs for get the best performance.
4- With a Noctua NH-D14 u can get very good temps.

i4yue

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
with those 3 cores...the reason they are 3 core is because they were unstable as 4 cores and so they just locked teh one that crapped out all teh time. and to OC something is already unstable to begin with is bad. i wouldnt expect getting great results if any from this rig.