Unidentified running in task manager then disappears

tapko

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
11d2c051-74a8-4aab-a9f9-21e8b2f2fe.com runs in the task manager.I can't find out what it is. I use MSe and in task manager the MSE componenet MsMpEng.exe of the MSE is using resources along with several other identifiable objects that are sparatically running as I have 1 thing open that uses a java script ..mmorpg.
I noticed that performance was beginning to lag and found this process but it was using no resources..I had installed Malwarebytes full version had real time off...super antispyware...SOPHOS rootkit and antivirus which can run along with MSE. I quickly installed Process Explorer to identify it and the entry moved to the top of the task manager and disappeared when I opened the Process Explorer. Tried to used BING, Google, Yahoo, Ask but found nothing. I found someone that wanted $28 to answer this...It might not be anything..but because Ihad things happening the other day on Facebook that seems that I had an infection of some sort I spent 10 hours installing and running all these scans.
Found nothing but cookies in all the scans Sophos rootkit found some unidentifiable objects but suggested I leave them alone.
I saw some subtle activity on a program that is very important to me..I run daily scans and practice safe surfing..when I see anything unusual I usually run a scan.
I run xp pro 64 bit on a home network.
amd x2 64 bit
4 gigs memory
asus m2n-mx se plus mb
GeForce 8600 GT video card
system has a firewalled with Nforce networking controller along with Windows Firewall ( can't uninstall this and have just one firewall as when I uninstall it I lose my ability to connect but that is another issue)

It might be nothing and I might be paranoid as I run to many scans at every hint of anything. I am trying to protect things that are very valuable to me and work hard to keep everything secure. Can anyone be of help...this has been a good forum. I am so glad for this forum.

Solution
I would recommend to get some type of process explorer that can monitor the processes running and write that to a log file. going through that log file should be able to point out the process you're looking for.

tapko

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009

Thanks for getting back with me...after I saw it and could not figure out what it was..by the time I got Process explorer running it had disappeared right when the process started running..I will be more quicker and be looking for it...but thanks..I am suspecting it is a product of Sophos as I just installed the rootkit and antivirus that runs with MSE with no problems..in the process of contacting them now..I appreciate your response :)