Unlocking Phenom ii X2 550 problems

theyohan

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I am having issues "trying" to unlock the Phenom ii X2 550. After i set ACC to auto, enable unleashing mode, and set cpu v-core to 1.4, my computer still wont show a display. By that i mean when i start my computer, it will make all the beeps and what not but won't show a display on my monitor. After I wait a while my computer will finally show a display but during the start up phase, the computer will show "unleashing mode failed" and "CPU Overvoltage failed". Any help would be appreciated.

isamuelson

Distinguished
If increasing the vcore doesn't help, then it's a sure sign that the extra locked cores are bad and you're out of luck.

Never, ever assume that just because you get an X2 or X3 that you will be able to successfully unlock the cores. It's a crap shoot as to whether or not you get a good unlock.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
+1 ^ people are under the illusion that they can unlock disabled cores, the ONLY reason why some have done this is because as the FAB process gets better the quality of the cores gets better and to fill the market they disable good cores, in fact AMD is so affected by this they have removed the ACC option in the BIOS of their latest chipset to stop this happening, what ACC was there fore was to stabilize Overclocks on the Old Phenom Processes, mobo manufacturers are now using this as a way of shipping mobos, but as stated above buying and X2 hoping to make it an X4 is foolish as the disabled cores got be defective.

radiuz2003

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Hi Guys,

I managed to unlock this CPU with a GA-MA770T-UD3P mobo. i have the F2c bios version.

The trouble, when windows starts up and i enter the log in screen instantly i experience sound and display issues. my sounds starts to crackle and my display has red lines across the screen.

Does this mean that my 3rd and 4th core are faulty and that i am unable to run a stable system with them unlocked?

NOTE: I've cranked my CPU voltage to 1.4v and have not overclocked it.

Cheers for the help.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Try enabling just one of the two cores and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, disable the enabled one and enable the other disabled core.

If after that it doesn't work, then both of your cores are bad and that is why they were disabled.

radiuz2003

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010

hi there,

hw do i unlock one core at a time? i have the ma770t-ud3p motherboard with bios version f2c. its not like the asus boards where it ask to unlock to tri core or quad core.

is it something to do with my ACC value? if i set it to "per core" and then change the value for core 2 or 3 from default -2% to another value? i tried changing those values but i always come out with quad core.

thanks