Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OCZ Solid 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Currently I have two options:
Kingston SSDNow V-Series 2.5" 64GB SNV425-S2 for $120 CAD
or
Intel X25-V 40GB 2.5'' SATAII for $120

Uses will include a boot drive for windows 7. I'll settle for 40GB if anyone can really convince me that it would be worth it performance wise. Keep in mind this is the newer SSDNow not the old crap one that didn't even support trim.

Or the OCZ (OCZSSD2-2SLD60G) Solid 2 Series SATA II 2.5" 60GB for $140? Would this be worth the extra cost performance-wise vs the intel?

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
I would also recommend the Intel X25-V out of the two, however you really should look into OCZ SSD's. OCZ blasted into SSD's and dominate the low, medium, and high end range of SSD's on the market, the SSD's come well priced and support features like wiper.exe garbage collection and trim I am pretty sure. And they get good reviews on online retailers. Really consider it.
At the current time paying $110 on newegg for the Intel X25-V is an unbeatable deal for a 40GB SSD from a good brand, however for not much more you can look into 50-70GB range of OCZ SSD's.

Yep. I actually just started looking at the 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 with the SF-1500 sandforce controller. Bit-tech had a good article on the pros and cons of various controllers.