Graphics Card

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Graphics Cards
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
May 25, 2009 1:27:34 PM

HI everyone....i have a problem I think....i have a asus striker II extreme mb and 2x gtx260's and i'm using asus's pc probe II to monitor the mb and cpu temp...on idle the cpu runs from 40 to 46°C BUT the mobo goes even to 50°C...it didn't shot down the pc yet but i'm worried about one thing...the first graphic card (the top one) is so hot that is barley touchable....both cards are connected tho the blue slots...should I worry about the mobo's temp?.....anyway i'm scared to turn on my pc now because of the card's temp.

help, thank you.

More about : graphics card

a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2009 2:44:21 PM

Hi

Did you confirm that the fan is okay? Have you tried EVGA Precision or RivaTuner? EVGA cards has a 30% default fan speed, use one of the apps above to raise the fan speed, my other system is air cooled I run the fans at 100% without issues.
May 26, 2009 3:51:36 PM

starams5 said:
Hi

Did you confirm that the fan is okay? Have you tried EVGA Precision or RivaTuner? EVGA cards has a 30% default fan speed, use one of the apps above to raise the fan speed, my other system is air cooled I run the fans at 100% without issues.

yes the fans are workin good....i tryied riva tuner to see the temp...and it's ok... idle 60 C° gaming 70 C°

thank you.....and yesterday was a hot day so i monitored the temperature of the mobo and cpu while gaming....the cpu doesn't go above 47-50 C° and the mobo stays always at 49-51 C°
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2009 7:18:14 PM

Hi

When I referred you to EVGA Precision or RivaTuner I was referring to raising the fan speed on the video card to cool it down. Post your case model#, maybe we can find you some high RPM fans. I replaced my promos with Thermaltake A1926 & A2018 120mm (A2018 the better of the two) and my case temps dropped 10-12C.

!