Hyper 212 plus out of stock, need other 1156 heatsink

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hey guys I'm kinda in a bind here. I was planning on getting the Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus, but it is either out of stock, takes WAY too long to ship (Amazon), or is double the price of what it should be (Newegg).

So basically I think I need to choose a new heatsink for my i5-750.

Any suggestions?

This is what I have looked at so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-MUX-120-Socket-1156-Cooler/dp/B002ZPNLEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277126618&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-MUGEN-2-5Heat-Cooler-SCMG-2100/dp/B001OCPRQ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277126658&sr=1-1

I was really very happy about the price of the hyper 212, but I am willing to spend up to $50 if it is worth it. I will be moderately overclocking my cpu. I just want to get this figured out so I can make arrangements to have it shipped.

Thanks guys.

Solution

Yeah that RAM is fine for the cooler.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

Well I did use Google shopping. Then I started looking at results and a lot of them either didn't have the item in stock, would take too long to ship, or just wasn't a store that I was familiar with.

Can you recommend any online stores that have the item in stock, relatively cheap, and will ship out within a week? I just don't wanna get screwed by some crappy online store.

Also, out of the three coolers (including the hyper 212), which do you recommend the most?

Thanks Saint.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

yeah but newegg is the ONLY store I have seen double the price. The real reason it is double is because it has been selling sooooo fast. higher demand equals a higher price obviously.

Do you swear by any of those stores? Like I said, I just don't wanna get screwed by some crappy online store. I have mainly dealt with newegg and Amazon, and they have been good for the most part.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Macmall is the only one of those stores that I know of. I almost bought an ipod from them last year.

BUT the hyper 212 is not in stock there. Click the link and you will see that they are waiting to get them in. Could be a while, so no dice.

I would go with the Hyper 212+ for price/performance and u can find the same answer in many other forums.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

Haha alright thanks man.

And thanks saint.

Actually one more thing. The Mugen-2 is basically the same price. Is it a better buy or not? I have heard it is even larger than the hyper 212

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

Yeah I looked there too. They actually have two in stock at my local store. However I am in Israel right now so I can't go pick it up for another 2 1/2 weeks. I will either get try and get someone to pick it up for me or order online here pretty soon. I don't wanna get stuck when I find out they are all out of stock by the time I get home and then I have to order online which could take much longer to get it shipped.

I'm just trying to get my components together somewhat early so that I am not waiting around for weeks on one crucial component.

This is what the Mugen looks like once installed..

mugen.jpg

you can put the fan on the side or on the bottom if needed.

TRENDING THREADS