Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hyper 212 plus out of stock, need other 1156 heatsink

Last response: in Overclocking
June 21, 2010 1:26:26 PM

Hey guys I'm kinda in a bind here. I was planning on getting the Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus, but it is either out of stock, takes WAY too long to ship (Amazon), or is double the price of what it should be (Newegg).

So basically I think I need to choose a new heatsink for my i5-750.

Any suggestions?

This is what I have looked at so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-MUX-120-Socket-1156-...

http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-MUGEN-2-5Heat-Cooler-SCMG-...

I was really very happy about the price of the hyper 212, but I am willing to spend up to $50 if it is worth it. I will be moderately overclocking my cpu. I just want to get this figured out so I can make arrangements to have it shipped.

Thanks guys.
a c 291 K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 4:09:23 PM

Hi.

See here

From ur options I would go with the Mugen 2
m
l
Related resources
June 21, 2010 4:23:48 PM

saint19 said:
Hi.

See here

From ur options I would go with the Mugen 2

Well I did use Google shopping. Then I started looking at results and a lot of them either didn't have the item in stock, would take too long to ship, or just wasn't a store that I was familiar with.

Can you recommend any online stores that have the item in stock, relatively cheap, and will ship out within a week? I just don't wanna get screwed by some crappy online store.

Also, out of the three coolers (including the hyper 212), which do you recommend the most?

Thanks Saint.
m
l
June 21, 2010 4:27:35 PM

OvrClkr said:
The reason the 212+ is double in price is simple, its among the best AIR coolers you can get.

Here are a few stores that have it in stock, might come around to 35/40.00$ shipped.

http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=Coolermaster%20Hy...

yeah but newegg is the ONLY store I have seen double the price. The real reason it is double is because it has been selling sooooo fast. higher demand equals a higher price obviously.

Do you swear by any of those stores? Like I said, I just don't wanna get screwed by some crappy online store. I have mainly dealt with newegg and Amazon, and they have been good for the most part.
m
l
June 21, 2010 4:29:23 PM

Macmall is the only one of those stores that I know of. I almost bought an ipod from them last year.

BUT the hyper 212 is not in stock there. Click the link and you will see that they are waiting to get them in. Could be a while, so no dice.
m
l
a c 291 K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 4:43:21 PM

touchdowntexas13 said:
Well I did use Google shopping. Then I started looking at results and a lot of them either didn't have the item in stock, would take too long to ship, or just wasn't a store that I was familiar with.

Can you recommend any online stores that have the item in stock, relatively cheap, and will ship out within a week? I just don't wanna get screwed by some crappy online store.

Also, out of the three coolers (including the hyper 212), which do you recommend the most?

Thanks Saint.

I would go with the Hyper 212+ for price/performance and u can find the same answer in many other forums.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 4:48:21 PM

I wouldnt worry about the store, Bing will pull up the TOP 15 and you choose from there, I have dealt with Macmall,J&R, CompUSA and the Egg with no issues whatsoever. Bing cash back will also get you a nice discount =)
m
l
June 21, 2010 4:49:32 PM

OvrClkr said:
I wouldnt worry about the store, Bing will pull up the TOP 15 and you choose from there, I have dealt with Macmall,J&R, CompUSA and the Egg with no issues whatsoever. Bing cash back will also get you a nice discount =)

Haha alright thanks man.

And thanks saint.

Actually one more thing. The Mugen-2 is basically the same price. Is it a better buy or not? I have heard it is even larger than the hyper 212
m
l
a c 291 K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 4:50:16 PM

Fry's is out of stock too.
m
l
a c 291 K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 4:53:09 PM

The mugen 2 is good too, but even that the Hyper 212+ is the winner in many performance aspects.
m
l
June 21, 2010 4:57:25 PM

saint19 said:
Fry's is out of stock too.

Yeah I looked there too. They actually have two in stock at my local store. However I am in Israel right now so I can't go pick it up for another 2 1/2 weeks. I will either get try and get someone to pick it up for me or order online here pretty soon. I don't wanna get stuck when I find out they are all out of stock by the time I get home and then I have to order online which could take much longer to get it shipped.

I'm just trying to get my components together somewhat early so that I am not waiting around for weeks on one crucial component.
m
l
a c 291 K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 5:01:48 PM

Do u have some friend that buy it for u?
m
l
June 21, 2010 5:07:05 PM

I have family that might. Its just not a short trip over there. It's probably a 35-40 minute drive.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 5:32:29 PM

This is what the Mugen looks like once installed..

you can put the fan on the side or on the bottom if needed.

m
l
a c 291 K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 6:08:21 PM

This is the Hyper 212+

If ur mobo has enough space between the socket and RAM slots u should not have problems with the Ripjaws.
m
l
a c 291 K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 6:09:45 PM

@OvrClkr: Nice case a need a new one :( 
m
l
June 21, 2010 6:12:23 PM

I have been crunching numbers for the past two days and I am pretty sure that the heatsink/fan will hang over at least one of the RAM slots.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 6:19:25 PM

saint19 said:
@OvrClkr: Nice case a need a new one :( 

oh, thats not mine, that was a picture from a friends comp ;) 

hehe ya quisera yo tener un case asi :sol: 
m
l

Best solution

a c 291 K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 6:57:17 PM

touchdowntexas13 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Does that RAM look ok? I may just get RAM without heatspreaders so that there is no doubt they will fit.

Yeah that RAM is fine for the cooler.
a c 291 K Overclocking
June 21, 2010 6:58:22 PM

OvrClkr said:
oh, thats not mine, that was a picture from a friends comp ;) 

hehe ya quisera yo tener un case asi :sol: 

ahh, ya me estaba dando envidia... :sol:  :lol: 
m
l
June 21, 2010 7:00:16 PM

Thanks. I actually went with one of the ECO versions. They were only a little bit more expensive, and they look cool lol
m
l
June 21, 2010 7:00:25 PM

Best answer selected by touchdowntexas13.
m
l
!