Windows not detecting CD change

April 19, 2004 4:46:10 AM

When I change the CD currently in the drive Windows does
not detect the new one properly. Data can still be
accessed but CD name etc. does not change until I reboot.
Both Drives are affected.

Have I turned off a service I shouldn't have?
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 3:11:51 AM

"Stephen" <skeightley@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>When I change the CD currently in the drive Windows does
>not detect the new one properly. Data can still be
>accessed but CD name etc. does not change until I reboot.
>Both Drives are affected.

See if this helps: "The AutoPlay Function Does Not Work and the
Current Media Does Not Appear in My Computer When You Insert a CD or
DVD" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817357).

--
(tm)
!