Windows not detecting CD change

When I change the CD currently in the drive Windows does
not detect the new one properly. Data can still be
accessed but CD name etc. does not change until I reboot.
Both Drives are affected.

Have I turned off a service I shouldn't have?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows detecting change

    "Stephen" <skeightley@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

    >When I change the CD currently in the drive Windows does
    >not detect the new one properly. Data can still be
    >accessed but CD name etc. does not change until I reboot.
    >Both Drives are affected.

    See if this helps: "The AutoPlay Function Does Not Work and the
    Current Media Does Not Appear in My Computer When You Insert a CD or
    DVD" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817357).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP