Sign in with
Your question

Question about SLI on Rampage II

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2009 11:47:30 AM

Hey, I just bought the Asus Rampage II Extreme motherboard, and it comes with only 3 way sli bridge. So I was wondering can I use the 3 way sli bridge to do just sli with 2 cards and it will work or do i need to call asus to send me a sli bridge for just 2 cards? and also wouldn't 3 way sli bridge even if it works block my other pci slot?

More about : question sli rampage

February 3, 2009 12:10:45 PM

Not quite sure about 3 way bridge working with 2 cards, but vendors often bundle a simple 2 way sli bridge with the GPU when you buy it. as for blocking other pci slot it would be the gpu not the bridge
Related resources
February 3, 2009 12:55:00 PM

only 3way ready cards can use the 3 way bridge, it makes no difference if you use it or not.
February 3, 2009 6:04:48 PM

So, liquid your saying that I don't necessarily have to put the bridge in? Just put two cards in and then enable SLI in nvidia control planel? Also since I'm asking this I wanted to know can I use PCI-E slot one and then use PCI-E slot 3 instead of slot 1 and 2, since it will give more room for the air to flow.
February 3, 2009 6:10:10 PM

thats what I do. Usually The motherboard has pci 1 and 2 on the outside and the 3rd on the inside:) 
February 3, 2009 6:14:32 PM

Then, I am guessing if I put one in pcie 1 and another in pcie 3 it would still give me x16/x16 on both and same performance if i were to use slot 1 and 2.
!